Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple Monitor Backgrounds » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2457

J P

Posted: 09/01/2015 16:32:05

I love the new feature to add custom login backgrounds, but I don't seem to be able to find an option to have a single panoramic image stretched across all three monitors. Could you please add this, as it seems like an obvious feature to include?

Another feature that would be great to see is background images that are cropped to a specific edge or quadrant - for example, if I have a wallpaper image that's much bigger than my screen resolution, it would be useful to be able to say "only use the top-leftmost crop of the image" rather than being restricted to only using the exact centre. Will this be possible?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/03/2015 18:03:27

J P,

Thank you for your request. Despite its first-glance simplicity and "obvious" nature, the implementation of this feature requires much deeper penetration into Windows internals and, which is even worse, into those of them that relate to security subsystem (as Logon Screen is actually a system authentication utility). Such penetration into security parts of the system is not tolerated well by Microsoft so we have to spend much time and efforts to find a proper way (presuming it's theoretically exist). Considering all this, this feature's priority is low at the moment, and the current implementation of Logon Screen Background is the best we can offer for now.

J P

Posted: 09/05/2015 04:03:15

Ah ok, I suppose that's fair enough. How about my latter request though - adding the ability to move wallpapers rather than just centering them? Surely that's something you have a bit more control over?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/07/2015 11:46:34

J P,

Unfortunately, we don't think that this feature will be useful for lots of people. You are always able to crop an image in any graphic application (e.g. MS Paint).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register