Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Drag program from one Taskbar to the Next » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2554

Kevin Goodspeed

Posted: 08/27/2015 22:45:24

Similar to how we can re-arrange programs in the taskbar, it would be nice if we could drag programs from one taskbar to another in a similar fashion.  ATM, we have to drag the program windows itself from one monitor to the next.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/27/2015 23:45:35

Kevin, thank you for your request.

Why do you think dragging buttons between taskbars will be easier/faster than dragging windows between monitors? :)

Let me suggest you more convenient solution we already have: you can use the Move to Monitor button in the taskbar button's preview thumbnail to quickly place its corresponding window to another monitor (so the task button will also move to that monitor's taskbar). Just a single click and no dragging required! :)

Kevin Goodspeed

Posted: 08/28/2015 00:11:37

If the program I want to move isn't on top, I'd have to select it in the taskbar first and then go grab and drag the window to the other monitor.

I find thumbnail previews in general to be annoying as they usually pop-up when I don't want them to and cover up what I want to see, so I usually ignore them.  I do see the 'move to monitor' button you mentioned in the thumbnails but to use it I first have to hover my mouse over the taskbar and wait for the thumbnail to appear and then I have precisely click that little button.  IMO, it would be easier to click and drag those large taskbar entries to the other monitor & taskbar.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/07/2015 10:35:26

Hello Kevin,

Here is the easiest solution I know:
1. Go to the "Actual Multiple Monitors -> Mouse -> Actions" pane;
2. Adjust the "Move to next monitor" action as you wish, e.g. Ctrl + Left mouse button click on Taskbar button.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register