Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Compatibility with Start 10 Theming , Compatibility with Start 10 Theming » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2750

Shaul Delgado

Posted: 08/18/2015 06:57:34

'Start10' is a program that allows you to alter the way your Start Menu looks.
Before windows 10 there was a different version called 'Start8' and it had no issues running alongside AMM but now in Start10 you have the option of 'theming' your taskbar with various colors,transparencies, and background images.
Currently in AMM 8.4 the secondary taskbars are just black, and ugly compared to the main themed taskbar.
Another issue is that the clock text is also black so you cant see the time on monitors other than the main.
I don't know if the 'black taskbar' is caused by Start10, but regardless I'd like to see compatibility with the theming.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/19/2015 14:50:25

Hello Shaul,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider adding the compatibility with Start10 and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

Currently in AMM 8.4 the secondary taskbars are just black, and ugly compared to the main themed taskbar.
The issue has been fixed in the just released 8.5 beta 2 version of Actual Multiple Monitors (download link - http://actualtools.com/files/amm85b2.exe ).

Best regards.

Chris Harr

Posted: 08/29/2015 10:58:07

I previously ran AMM and Start8 on a Windows 8.1 installation with no issues with the Start8 Start Button working the same on my primary and secondary displays. Having now upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and running Start10 v1.00 and Actual Multiple Monitors 8.5, I find that secondary monitor's taskbar color theming is working much better compared to what I saw with AMM 8.4 on Windows 10, However, the secondary monitor's Start Button currently displays the standard Windows 10 functionality while the primary monitor displays the Start10 Start Button functionality. I would really appreciate AMM including Start10 compatibility like I remember seeing under Windows 8 with Start8 and an earlier version of AMM. Ideally, the Start10 Start Button functionality would apply to both the primary and secondary displays under AMM.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/07/2015 11:09:20

Hello Chris,

We'll consider adding the Start10 compatibility and inform you when it will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register