Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Switch audio playback device when switching primary display » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2270

Derek

Posted: 04/05/2015 01:59:56

I would find it helpful if you can add a feature which binds a default audio playback device to each display.  That way then clicking the AMM system tray --> "Set Primary Display" --> [display name], it also changes my default audio output/playback device.

I use actual multiple monitors for one exclusive purpose, which is to control a desktop computer which is connected to television displays in various rooms of my house.   Basically just the move to... and "gather all windows here" commands, along with hotkeys like "windows key + /" to move windows around.

Currently each time I switch rooms in my house, I change the default display via AMM system tray with 2 clicks, but then I have to use the control panel --> sound window to select the correct default audio output for that room.  I have increased the speed of changing the audio playback device by binding a taskbar shortcut to a batch file (C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c C:\sounds.bat), with the batch file containing the command "control mmsys.cpl sounds".  However I still find this tedious.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/06/2015 10:18:19

Hello Derek,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your feature request and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register