Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «virtual desktop to monitor mapping » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2650

motiv

Posted: 03/23/2015 22:48:56

Hi,
I use laptop for my daily work and is capable of using 3 additional monitors (4 displays with laptop screen). What I don't like is, when I'm disconnecting laptop from docking station all windows suddenly end up on main (laptop) screen. What I would like to achieve is mapping each monitor to virtual desktop with same arrangement as I have with monitors. After I decide to plug laptop into docking station I would like virtual desktops to be mapped back to monitors. Is this possible?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/24/2015 12:55:06

Hello Motiv,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider adding the feature and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

Keith Disley

Posted: 05/31/2015 02:12:46

I also have a functionally-similar issue; I have a multi-monitor setup including my TV. While my TV is switched on this works fine, but I was considering using wake-on-LAN technology (which obviously can't remotely switch on my TV as well) and need some way to avoid a complete desktop reshuffle if the PC is woken up without the TV already being on.

Would Actual Window Manager allow me to trick the PC into "seeing" the TV section of the desktop when it's not switched on (using a virtual desktop), but allow me to access it as normal when the TV's on?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/31/2015 13:18:32

Hello Keith,

Did you try to use different desktop profiles (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Profiles) with your desktop extended on the TV and without to avoid the issue?

Keith Disley

Posted: 05/31/2015 13:30:55

I don't own Actual window Manager yet, I was checking whether it was possible before I signed up!

While there seem to be many features about the program which I would find useful, the TV issue would be the actual reason for buying it, so I didn't want to commit until I was sure that it could be done.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.  :)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/01/2015 00:12:30

Keith,

I'd recommend you to download Actual Window Manager ( http://www.actualtools.com/files/aimsetup.exe ) and test it on your own - it has a 60-day free of charge evaluation period with all functions available so that you will be able to see whether it fits your needs well or not.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register