Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Searching the settings » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2505

Steph kaleed
Advanced user

Posted: 03/05/2015 06:09:24

Can we get the ability to search through the settings tabs for a particular setting?

In KVIRC, there's a search box feature which "live"-searches all the settings sections, highlighting which section/sub-section a particular word is found under.

With the number of features and abilities that AWM has, it'd be helpful to have a quick way to find a setting. I know that, even being a power-user myself that's used the software for years, I still have trouble finding where some settings are at times.

In fact, in my opinion, I think the entire settings pane could use some better reorganization. I only mention this because a number of friends I've referred AWM to over the years, they usually have the same complaint -- it's overwhelming to find how to set it up, which makes people get lost.

Just an idea.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/11/2015 20:44:58

Hello Steph,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your suggestion and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/19/2015 07:39:57

This is a much needed feature.

Considering all of the 'windows rules' one might create, finding an offending specific 'window rule' is virtually impossible if the only thing known is/are the name of the program/s. This requires searching through the WindowRules.ini to find the offending rule.

This feature/capability is extremely important. I'd like to suggest that everything within AWM could be searched, all configuration fields/data elements and any data element which are dynamic/virtual. I'd expect this would take some time, but would be a highly valued feature once implemented.

Please give it some serious consideration. I know your magical wizard brains will come up with a great solution.

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2015 19:30:56

Hello, Lars

Thank you for the message.

We'll consider your suggestions upon this.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/23/2015 18:03:45

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search