Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM > Firefox Tab DND to Divider , Super Cool » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3714

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/16/2014 06:25:11

AWM Desktop Divider is configured as always enabled.

I use Firefox browser in a significant portion of my daily activities. I'd really like to see the ability for AWM to support Firefox (as well as other browsers) Tab Drag-N-Drop (DND) into an AWM Desktop Divider.

This seems like a very natural extension of the browser environment coupled with AWM.

What are your thoughts?

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/17/2014 18:32:47

Thank you for your request, Lars!

We will consider adding this.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/18/2014 03:51:38

Alexander,
  • Since I've posted my suggestion, I've noticed I perform this action at least 3 to 4 dozens times in about half of a days work.

• I've also noticed the workflow also is clumsy when you perform the action above and the target monitor has an application which is Maximized. If you drop on top of the maximized application the Firefox window goes to the background (behind the maximized application) and only appears in the Taskbar (in this case I have all monitors with an AWM Taskbar, Native Windows Taskbar is replaced). You then have to click on the Firefox Taskbar icon which brings it to the foreground (app focus) click on the Title to drag and then the AWM Desktop Divider is displayed.
It would be extremely nice if the AWM workflow was to drag the selected Firefox window (tab) drag it over to another monitor, with or without a maximized application on it and while dragging the AWM Desktop Divider (AWM DD) layout is displayed and the dragging window can be dropped into one of the AWM DD.

Sincerely,
Lars

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/27/2014 18:10:28

Hello Lars,

I've also noticed the workflow also is clumsy when you perform the action above and the target monitor has an application which is Maximized. If you drop on top of the maximized application the Firefox window goes to the background (behind the maximized application) and only appears in the Taskbar (in this case I have all monitors with an AWM Taskbar, Native Windows Taskbar is replaced). You then have to click on the Firefox Taskbar icon which brings it to the foreground (app focus) click on the Title to drag and then the AWM Desktop Divider is displayed.
I was unable to reproduce the behavior.
Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and version of Mozilla Firefox.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/08/2014 09:38:37

Windows 7, 64-bit, Firefox 33.1.1 & 34.0

Dragging any Firefox tab (to another monitor) will not activate AWM's desktop divider.

Sincerely,
Lars

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/19/2014 15:14:08

Lars,

This is a restriction of Mozilla Firefox. For example you are able to get what you need using Google Chrome instead of Mozilla Firefox.

We can't solve the issue. You should contact the Mozilla Firefox support team to solve the issue.

As workaround, you are able to create Specific Settings for Mozilla Firefox and adjust the "Open as" feature (Startup tab) = "Maximized". All windows of Mozilla Firefox will be opened maximized.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register