Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «toggle through desktop profile and disable all monitors » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2779

Christian Andersson

Posted: 07/19/2014 16:00:28

I want the possibility to create a hotkey for toggling through my desktop profiles,
and I want the possibility to set one profile to disable or turn off all monitors.

Kind regards

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/21/2014 18:22:08

Thank you for your message, Christian!

You can assign hotkeys to activate any of your desktop profiles. Take a look at the attached screenshot for details. There also is the Win+W hotkey to invoke your desktop profiles list as a context menu.

Please tell more about your second request - what are the situations you need to disable all displays for? Do you want to disable them totally as devices or just showing blank screen would be okay?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Christian Andersson

Posted: 07/21/2014 18:39:25

Hi!
Thanx for quick reply!
I want to disable them as a way to turn of the display. I have a htpc that is always on, and I only put the display to sleep. I do this with a script. I tried a lot of different versions of the script, but it has the problem that the screen often wakes up again a few seconds after is has been turned of, and sometimes it wakes up for another reason. So wanted to try with a desktop profile that disables the display instead.

That was also why I wanted a toggle instead of a context menu for desktop profiles, so that I can use the same hotkey.

By the way, I make two desktop profiles usually. One that has a big screen as primary ,and oculus rift as extended, and one that disabled the big screen and has oculus rift as primary. Problem is that the desktop profiles stoppes working if I remove the rift for a while, which I often do. After that I have to  delete and remake the profiles.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/23/2014 15:14:11

Hi, Christian! Thank you for your reply.

We will consider your request about turning off all monitors with desktop profiles and we will inform you in this thread when we have news about it in this thread.

As for the profile stopping working, please describe, how exactly the system behaves when you are trying to use desktop profiles after reconnecting your Oculus Rift.

Best regards!

Upd: please check out the screenshot I attached earlier - it shows how to assign a hotkey to activate a particular desktop profile. Is that what you requested about hotkeys on top of everything else?

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register