Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Easier activation of different desktop dividers , Allow different dividers whilst dragging » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2667

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 06/03/2014 15:59:37

I really like desktop dividers, but I find I really only use 2 layouts (basically 'quarters' and 'havles). And to be honest, I'm running out of memorable keyboard shortcuts for AWM and all the other apps I use regularly (like PicPick, f.lux, and so on).

What I'd really like is to be able to configure the 'Active While Pressed' key combination to be different for the 2 layouts I use. I realise with the 4 possible modifier keys you really only have 15 combinations, but given that I only need 2, I can't see me running out that soon. If you really do have more than 15 divider layouts in regular use, you've probably got bigger problems than keyboard shortcuts :)

My workflow is usually:

- Start dragging the window
- Realise that aligning it to a divider would be helpful
- Hit the 'Ctrl' key (in my case) to activate dividers
- Realise I've got the wrong layout active
- Fail to remember which shortcut I assigned to the desired one (after trying to just press 'Shift' to get to the 'other' layout I have)
- Log on to actualtools.com to fill in a feature request

It would be great if this could be shortened :)

Thanks,

David.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/03/2014 18:58:11

Dear David,

thank you for your request! We will consider implementing this feature in further versions of Actual Window Manager.

Meanwhile, please consider using right-click on a Put into Divider tile title button to put a window into a desired tile of an inactive layout. You can also use right-click on the Actual Window Manager tray icon -> Desktop Divider to quickly recall assigned hotkeys for each layout.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/03/2014 21:03:25

David,

Thank you for your continuous efforts to help us improve our software. :)

In addition to Alexander's advices, I'd like to mention that you can use the mouse wheel to switch layouts while dragging a window. It may require some practice to get advantage of that ability but it seems to fit your situation best.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register