Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Divider - Custom 'hot zones' during window drag » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4127

Sean Stumpf

Posted: 03/30/2014 08:57:27

Add a feature to customize the 'hot zone' so to speak as a window is dragged between dividers.

I love the feature, but I often find that the preset 20px 'hot zones' that borders the divisions are not enough. Its almost annoying to put my cursor in that border as i drag a window just to lock it in that divider. Personally, I would like the option to make the entire divider 'hot' so that all my windows always lock up in one of the divisions. I have no need or want to constantly move around windows with such precision on my monitor.

From a future standpoint, as large 4k and curved monitors stretch half your desk this kind of preset window monitor divisions will be a necessity. Most users are just going to want preset divisions that windows lock into as a window is dragged throughout the monitor.

User added an image

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 05/05/2014 21:06:09

Hello, Sean!

Thank you for your post!

We will consider implementing this feature in further versions of our products.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Sean Stumpf

Posted: 12/20/2014 03:10:08

Thanks for reading the post. I still would really like this. If I could just manually adjust the pixels of the actual hotzone instead of just the border that would be fantastic.

I have one 34" widescreen monitor instead of two small monitors (which i personally believe most power users will goto instead of dual monitors in the future). This really makes the desktop divider feature a requirement because it essentially recreates locking windows into certain monitors. As stated the 'hot zone' area is so small it almost makes it annoying for me on my high resolution very large monitor. Some people would obiviously like this larger or smaller so it only makes sense to add another increment for the hotzone like one already exist for the border. This would allow users to decide how small/sensitive they want it to be.

User added an image

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/24/2014 13:49:02

Hello Sean,

We'll inform you when the option will be added.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register