Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title buttons not apearing on Chrome and Firefox , Title buttons not apearing on Chrome and Firefox » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10556

James Tagorda

Posted: 10/13/2016 04:22:20

I have just installed Actual Windows Manager to 8.9.1 on my Windows 10. I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series and a Samsung 22inch monitor through HDMI.

When I launch Chrome or Firefox there are no Title buttons. Even the shortcuts to move window to monitor (Win + /) is not working.

I have tried using specific settings for each browser and the title buttons still do not appear.

Please help in fixing this. Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2016 06:59:06

Hello, James

Do you mean the extra title buttons appear on other windows at the same time and the Firefox and Chrome windows are the only windows where the buttons don't appear?

Do you launch Firefox and Chrome in the "Run as administrator" mode? Does the UAC window appear when you launch Firefox and Chrome?

Best regards.

James Tagorda

Posted: 10/13/2016 20:45:22

Yes, the title buttons on other windows are showing. It's only on Firefox and Chrome that I don't get the extra title buttons.

No I don't launch Firefox and Chrome in "Run as administrator" mode. But I did try running the browsers as an administrator but the extra title buttons don't appear still.

The UAC window does not appear when launching Firefox and Chrome.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2016 23:05:43

James,

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configurations > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards

James Tagorda

Posted: 10/18/2016 02:46:17

Sent it using from tagorda@gmail.com

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/18/2016 05:50:42

James,

On my machine your configuration works fine and, as I can see in configuration, there is no reason for the windows to be not processed. At least, the Default Settings should be applied to the Firefox and Chrome windows.

Could you please see under what users the Chrome and Firefox processes are running? Go to Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) > Processes tab > Find Firefox (Chrome) process, right click it > click "Go to details" item and then you will go to the Details tab. See the "User name" parameter value for the process. Also see this paramater value for the programs that are processed by AWM properly. Let us know the results.

Bob Wallis

Posted: 10/07/2017 16:57:37

I have this same issue, with Chrome. Title buttons are gone. Hot keys no longer work. They still work for other programs. Up until yesterday they worked fine for Chrome.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/09/2017 15:47:14

Hello, Bob

What our product are you running (name, version)?

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What version of Chrome are you running?

Up until yesterday they worked fine for Chrome.
Have something changed in your system prior to the appearing of the problem (system update, Chrome update, change of system settings etc.)?

Could you check whether the Chrome window affected by Actual Tools program: go to the program tray context menu (right click on the program's tray icon) > Show log window > Check the Enable logging option > If there are any items in the window then Right click on an item and select Clear log item > Open Chrome and see whether the corresponding item appears. Let us know the results.

Do you launch Chrome in the "Run as administrator" mode? Does the UAC window appear when you launch Firefox and Chrome?

Please check whether the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option was enabled during the installation: make sure that Default Settings are enabled in the configuration module of our program, start the Registry Editor application (Win+R, then type regedit in the "Run" window, press Enter) and see whether its window is affected by our software (whether it has the additional title buttons or window menu items).
If the Registry Editor window is not affected, it means that the option wasn’t enabled. Try to reinstall the program and enable this option during installation and see whether this solves the problem. Let us know the result.

If this doesn't help, could you also after enabling the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option, launch the Actual Tools program in the "Run as administrator" mode and see whether it solves the problem.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register