Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Profiles doesn't position multiple monitors correctly » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6406

Russ Allen

Posted: 09/20/2016 20:08:58

Hi! I love this program, couldn't imagine doing without it. Everything works flawlessly except for one thing, AWM can't seem to properly position multiple monitors when using Desktop Profiles.
I frequently switch between using one monitor only(for gaming, usually) and using three. AWM has no problems disabling and enabling the other two monitors, but it doesn't position them correctly according to the profile setup.

For example:

User added an image

The monitor position configuration in the AWM config window is the desired positioning, but as you can see by looking at the Windows Display configuration window, monitor 3 is on the right instead of in the middle. I've had no luck attempting to fix this issue myself. I have deleted and remade the profiles, uninstalled and re-installed AWM, to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Russ Allen

Posted: 09/22/2016 21:40:52

Anyone?  .....no?

David Hardman

Posted: 09/23/2016 08:08:03

Having a similar problem myself. Windows is reporting the monitors in a certain order and AWM is reporting them in a different order. I just added a new GPU and 2 new screens when I just had 2 GPUs and 4 screens Windows & AWM numbered the monitors the same now for some reason they don't agree. Makes it impossible to use AWM for a lot of things. It's changed the order of 2 of the screens. Number 1 & Number 2. BTW I'm actually not using Desktop Profiles. It's just the Multiple Monitors setup but I did try creating a Profile and it did the exact same thing.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/23/2016 18:11:52

Hello, gentlemen

Russ, could you try to activate the profile again right after you switched to it from the one-monitor profile, so that all three monitors were already enabled at the moment you activate the profile? Whether the monitors order is applied correctly in this case?

David, seems like your problem is not associated with this one. I'll reply to you regarding the problem in the separate topic you've created.

Best regards.

Russ Allen

Posted: 09/24/2016 17:43:27

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Russ, could you try to activate the profile again right after you switched to it from the one-monitor profile, so that all three monitors were already enabled at the moment you activate the profile? Whether the monitors order is applied correctly in this case?

Hi, thanks for looking into this for me.  :)

I have tried activating the profile again. It changes the background images, but the monitor arrangement does not change.

Ren

Posted: 09/27/2016 01:14:11

I think I may have a similar problem - my new main monitor seems to get temporarily disabled when I switch inputs, and when it comes back AMM doesn't always keep the number ordering the same.

As all the windows rules are set against Monitor 1/Monitor 2 etc it all goes a bit crazy.

Russ Allen

Posted: 09/29/2016 16:41:29

Was tinkering with the configuration a bit today. Instead of using the Profile editor, I was experimenting with the Monitor Layout setting. I started with just the one monitor active like usual, arranged the three monitor setup in Monitor Layout, and hit apply. This is what I got:

User added an image

Note that the monitor arrangement in the AWM window is not what I had set up; after hitting the Apply button it changed to that. Even still, it has the arrangement wrong for some reason, as you can see looking at the Windows setup.
It also shows monitor three in regular landscape orientation (zero degrees rotation) even though the 90 degrees CCW is ticked:

User added an image

I also noticed that monitor three is too small relative to the other two monitors. It is set to a resolution of 1920x1200, while the other two are 1920x1080 and 1600x1200. It should be bigger than the other two(the Windows setup shows the correct proportions) but it is not.

I also discovered that if I use an intermediary mode when switching from using one monitor to using all three, it works properly. So instead of going from using only monitor number 2, to using all three....if I go from using #2, to #1 and #2, and then to #1 #2 and #3, AWM is able to arrange the three-monitor setup properly. So for now I am using that workaround, but I would love to be able to use only one step if possible.

Dunno if any of that info helps, but there it is.  :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/29/2016 17:48:46

Russ,

Could you send us your configuration files when all three monitors are enabled (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2016 23:19:22

Hello, gentlemen

Could you specify what OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit) and also what versions of our products are you running?

Ren, could you clarify what you mean by "switch inputs"?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register