Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «All my taskbar icons keep disappearing. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17741

J. Y.

Posted: 08/28/2016 09:37:57

After upgrading to AWM 8.9 I keep having all my taskbar icons on the second monitor disappear.

Then I have to manually open each program and re-pin them to the taskbar.  This lasts a little time then they disappear again.  Very frustrating since this never happened before.

What can I do?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/28/2016 21:21:49

Hello, J.Y.

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit)?

Could you name the exact number of the Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

This lasts a little time then they disappear again.
When exactly do the pinned icons disappear? Do they disappear within the same session in which you pinned them?

Best regards.

J. Y.

Posted: 08/28/2016 22:23:13

Hello,

I am running windows 10 64-bit Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10)

I think this started happening after Micorsoft pushed the anniversary update to my machine, but I'm not 100% sure.  I know this has never happened before, but now every few days it happens.

No, they never disappear when the machine is running.  It is only after I turn the machine on from a cold start.  I also disable the magnifying glass search icon in the second task bar and it comes back after the icons disappear so I have to uncheck that again too...

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/01/2016 01:04:14

J.Y.

What interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to your computer? Do you use any USB video adapters?

Could you pin the icons, send us your configuration files, while the icons is on the taskbar (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support) then reproduce the issue (make the icons disappear) and send us the configuration files again.

Best regards.

J. Y.

Posted: 09/05/2016 01:34:03

DVI interfaces. 1920x1080 using 680-GTX card. No USB used for monitors.

They stayed in place for a few days but today I turned it on and the icons were gone again.

I sent the config files.  Hopefully the problem's easy to fix.

I linked this thread in the body of the emails so whoever get the support email will know.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/13/2016 15:49:27

J.Y.

Could you pin some icons on the secondary taskbar (not necessary to pin your full average set), then exit Actual Window Manager (AWM tray icon context menu > exit), then start it again and see whether the icons are still on the taskbar.

If they don't disappear upon exit/start of AWM, then could you sign out of Windows, then sign in again, launch AWM and see whether the icons are still on the taskbar now.

Let us know the results.

J. Y.

Posted: 09/18/2016 07:54:40

Lost them all again.

I had them for awhile and now they disappear again.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
J.Y.

Could you pin some icons on the secondary taskbar (not necessary to pin your full average set), then exit Actual Window Manager (AWM tray icon context menu > exit), then start it again and see whether the icons are still on the taskbar.

Yes, still there after restart

If they don't disappear upon exit/start of AWM, then could you sign out of Windows, then sign in again, launch AWM and see whether the icons are still on the taskbar now.

Let us know the results.

Done this many times and always ok...but sometimes like today they all disappear.  Frustrating.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2016 19:01:59

J.Y.

Do you mean this time the buttons disappeared without restarting of the computer, just upon one of sign out/sign in actions?

J. Y.

Posted: 09/22/2016 19:15:37

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
J.Y.

Do you mean this time the buttons disappeared without restarting of the computer, just upon one of sign out/sign in actions?

No, always after a boot.  Not every boot, but when it does happen it is after a reboot or cold start of the computer.  

Right now they are gone again. :(

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/29/2016 14:49:42

J.Y.

Could you open Windows registry editor (type regedit.exe in the Start menu search field), go to the following branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\Command Center\Plugins\MultimonTaskbar
and delete the taskbar_states key. See whether it solves the problem.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register