Login
Register

Topic: «AMM can't see clock » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4455

Drake Christensen

Posted: 08/26/2016 03:51:37

AMM v8.9
Win 10 x64
Classic Shell 4.2.5

I have a few things going on, and I'm not sure where the conflicts are happening.

Brief history of this machine.  Used to be my main machine with two monitors.  Was running Win 7 and AMM.  Purchased a new machine and this one was dropped to one monitor.  Used my license key on the new machine.  Upgraded this to Win 10.  Installed Classic Shell.  Recently added a second monitor.  Purchased a second key for AMM and downloaded and installed the latest version.

So, now I'm seeing what could be conflicts between Classic Shell and AMM.

First, even with Classic Shell off, I can't see the clock.  It looks like dark blue on dark blue.  Or, there's an opaque window over the clock.  When I hover the mouse over the clock, it gets a slightly lighter grey background, with dark text, and I can read it.

User added an image

In addition, when I first ran AMM some of my system tray icons were missing.  The ones that I have tagged to display always.  On this boot, they seem to be there.  In addition, I forget how to get to the stock Windows context menu to change the display attributes of those icons.

Finally, AMM and Classic Shell seem to be fighting over who gets to draw the Windows icon.

I did a search on Actual Multiple Monitors and Classic Shell and I came across a page on the Actual Tools site that seemed to indicate that the Classic Shell functionality is now built into AMM.  If so, I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the settings.

So, I guess my questions are:  How do I make the clock visible?  And, is Classic Shell actually built into AMM, now?  And how do I find it?

Thanks,
Drake Christensen

Drake Christensen

Posted: 08/30/2016 03:29:22

Bump.

Nobody else is seeing this?

Does AMM actually have Classic Shell built in?

Drake

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/01/2016 00:18:46

Hello, Drake

What Windows theme are you using?

Best regards.

Drake Christensen

Posted: 09/11/2016 09:01:35

And, I forgot to mention I have Stardock Window Blinds 10.  So, that's probably the culprit.  I'll noodle around with that and see if I can affect that area.  My first few tests were a bust.

Thanks for getting me to look at it fresh.

To answer your question, it has been so many years since I set this machine up that I can't remember for sure what theme I chose when it was Win 7.  Probably just the default Aero Lite theme.  That's the name that appears in the Theme screen in Win 10.  On top of that, I have AMM and Classic Start Menu and Stardock Window Blinds 10 with the Diamond (Vista) theme.

Drake

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/12/2016 19:19:45

Drake,

Please, let us know if WindowBlinds triggers this issue. Try to disable the load at system startup option in WindowBlinds if it's enabled, then restart the system and see whether the problem has gone.

You wrote:
First, even with Classic Shell off, I can't see the clock.
If this problem is not associated with WindowBlinds could you also disable the load at startup option in Classic Shell, restart the system and see whether the problem has gone.

Is the clock panel on the system taskbar displayed correctly?

Answering your questions:
And, is Classic Shell actually built into AMM, now? And how do I find it?
Classic Start Menu component support is implemented and you don't need to enable it, AMM just shows Classic Shell start menu if the component is installed and enabled in the Classic Shell options.
Regarding the Start button - for now there's no proper support for this element. As i understand, you're experiencing the problem with the Start button only? Could you describe the problem more detailed?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register