Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Bugs report (or let me know if I am doing something wrong) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9429

tacchan23

Posted: 08/17/2016 22:06:03

Hello,
I experience some bugs when I use the "Put into Divider tile" on Startup option or the Resize and Positions option. (in both cases to try to put a window at the bottom of the screen with maximized width)
This seems to affect Firefox and Cyberfox browser.
At times when clicking on a drop-down menu, it gets positioned to the top left corner. Also any tooltip messages gets moved in the same way. (please see attached screenshot).
If I manually put the browser window into the tile divider, then everything works fine.

I also have problems with the Calculator application in Windows 10. I have to add it to exclusions as it is very slow to click and drag/move it around.

Also I'd like to ask if you could put an option to choose the Tile Buttons skin for each Specific Settings instead of Global Settings only. As you can see in the screenshot, my titlebar is black and so the Actual Window icons aren't visible (I can't change every icons to white as some other Apps have a white titlebar, so it would be nice to be able to change them as needed)

Thanks in advance

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2016 16:47:18

Hello tacchan23,

Thanks for the post.

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and specify your Windows visual theme. Please also provide some examples with white and black title bars.

tacchan23

Posted: 08/19/2016 19:06:13

Thanks, I sent the required information as you asked.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2016 01:13:58

Hello, tacchan23

What email address did you used to send us the configuration files?

Best regards.

tacchan23

Posted: 08/26/2016 00:56:14

keikei38@hot****.com
I sent it on 19 August

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2016 17:41:07

Hello, tacchan23

About the issue with Firefox/Cyberfox: this happens due to the way target window parameters specified in the corresponding Specific Settings in Actual Window Manager. In standard specific settings for Firefox, all three window criteria are enabled, while I can see that in your specific settings for Firefox/Cyberfox the Caption parameter is disabled. This causes the rule to be applied not only to the main Firefox window, but to Firefox sub-windows as well. This is why these windows are moved to the top-left corner of the tile - "Put Into..." command is applied to them. I advice you to stick to the standard set of Target Window parameters for Firefox, which means you should enable the Window caption parameter, specify "Mozilla Firefox" in the text field and specify the "Substring match" option. Use these parameters for Cyberfox as well.

About the issue with the Calculator application: the issue has been confirmed, we'll try to fix it. It is triggered by enabling the "Display current window position while moving manually" option (Configuration module > Window Settings > Global Options > Align > Display current window position...). For now as workaround you can either keep this window excluded, or disable this feature.

About the title buttons colors: we'll consider your request.

Best regards.

tacchan23

Posted: 09/01/2016 16:14:17

Hello,
thanks a lot for the explanation on how to properly set up rules for Firefox.

About the Calculator application, following your suggestion improved a lot the drag/move speed. But it's still quite slower compared to disabling the option completely. Anyway it's now good enough for normal usage, just wanted to let you know it doesn't fix it completely.

Thanks for considering about the button colors too :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register