Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Star Wars: The Old Republic crashing with AWM 8.8.3 active » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2074

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/03/2016 01:02:03

Hello! First off just wanted to thank you for the great product, it does many cool things. There is one cool thing I am failing to configure though and think it might be a bug.

I play Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) and I am unable to leave AWM 8.8.3 running while I play the game. If I play the game with AWM running it crashes SWTOR the moment I login to play it. The only way to play the game is to pause or close AWM. I cannot even set an exclusion for the game so that AWM will ignore it. The game crashes no matter what if AWM is active.

This has been an issue for quite awhile but I have just never managed to submit a technical support request for it, but I've reached a point where I'd like to know if its possible to make AWM play nice with SWTOR. I have confirmed the issue on 3 computers at this point over a period of time. I have made sure to disable all other AWM profiles to make sure nothing I did was causing it. It's simply that if AWM is active, SWTOR will crash after logging in and launching the game.

PS this is the only other SWTOR thread I have found on this forum, but at the time when it was submitted the game was not free-to-play so you were not able to test it. The game is now free so you should be able to test it now.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/04/2016 15:53:24

Hello, Justin

Could you create a new exclusion for the game and leave only the Program criterion defining the target window enabled. Specify the path to the game's installation directory (for example C:\Games\Star Wars The Old Republic) and see whether it helps. Let us know if it solves the problem.

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/08/2016 12:55:33

Oops I wasn't subscribed to updates for this thread so I didn't know you replied. Thank you for replying.

Can you confirm my settings in the picture I am linking are correctly reflecting what you requested me to do? If this is what you meant to try, sadly it didn't keep the game from crashing.

User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2016 23:58:27

Justin,

Can you confirm my settings in the picture I am linking are correctly reflecting what you requested me to do?
Yes, this is what i meant. Make sure you don't have Specific Settings for the game enabled, because in this case the Exclusion doesn't work.

For some reason now I'm unable to reproduce the issue, although the issue was confirmed about a year ago.

What OS are you running (name, version)?

What is the version of the game? I have 4.6a patch installed.

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/13/2016 08:41:44

I left the SWTOR Exclusion above active and turned off every single one of my Specific Settings for all programs as well as the Default Settings and the SWTOR crashes still happen. Still the only way to keep SWTOR fr om crashing is if I pause or exit AWM. That makes it seem like there might be a setting somewh ere besides Specific Settings that is making SWTOR crash- I just haven't narrowed it down yet.

Here's the versions of things you requested:

SWOTOR: 4.6a

I've emailed the configuration files as you requested.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/15/2016 14:07:49

Hello, Justin

The issue has been confirmed. Unfortunately, exclusions really don't solve the problem for this version of the game, although all windows related to the game are excluded.

But we noticed one thing that prevents the game from crashing: if there is any Specific Settings enabled with enabled option "Office 2007 style", then game doesn't crash. Could you try this? Create any Specific Settings (or you can use existing one) and enable it, then enable the option "Office 2007 style" (particular Specific Settings > Title Buttons > Options section at the bottom of this tab > Office 2007 style option).

Let us know if this workaround solves the problem for you.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/15/2016 17:51:15

Could you also tell me what video card and what video drivers you're running?

Justin Samsel

Posted: 07/16/2016 10:10:09

LOL that settings does indeed prevent the game from crashing while AWM is running. That is so random. How did you even discover that?

Here's my video card

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/18/2016 18:06:56

We discovered it accidentally. Some of the standard Specific Settings have this option enabled and we've figured out that it was the reason why the game didn't crash with standard AWM configuration.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register