Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Right Click Menu moves to main display , Bug » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1727

Susan Alexandria

Posted: 05/26/2016 10:31:37

I wanted to share a bug I came across.  If you set move to monitor - primary, as a default setting, when you right click in a chrome on a 2nd monitor it moves the right click dialog to the primary monitor.  I tested with IE and it did not happen, nor does it occur if you just right click on the desktop.  I also tested in the Brother P-Touch editor as it has a modified right click menu and it did not occur.  I just found this issue after a fresh reinstall of AWM but the option had not been enabled previously.

I expected that when a program ran for the first time and a window opened that it would move this to my primary monitor.  I did not expect my right click menu to move as a result.

IF you need any more information, please let me know.

name and version of the Actual Tools product that you have a problem with (e.g. Actual Multiple Monitors 8.1)
Actual Windows Manager 8.8.3
version of your Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc.)
Windows 8.1
edition of your Windows (32-bit or 64-bit)
64-bit
name and version of the 3rd party program, in case you have a problem with some particular software (e.g.
Mozilla Firefox 22.0)
Google Chrome Version 51.0.2704.63 m

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/26/2016 14:16:26

Hello, Susan

Apparently the Move to monitor option of the Default Settings is applied to these menus.

If you really need this option enabled in the Default settings, you should exclude these menus from processing by AWM by doing following: AWM context menu (right click on the AWM tray icon) > Show log window > Check the Enable logging option > If there are any items in the window then Right click on the Window are and Clear log item > Bring one of these menus - the corresponding item will appear > Right click on it > Exclude this window.

The reason why the desktop and IE context menus doesn't move to the primary monitor is that they already excluded from processing by default (you can see it from the log window after you bring one of these menus). The Chrome menus have other Window Class and thus the default exclusion doesn't affect them.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register