Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] 3DSMax crashing on opening the "Material Editor" » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10769

Gustav Krause

Posted: 05/24/2016 22:40:04

Hello guys and thanks for having a look into my problem!

I have used Actual Window Manager 7.5.1 for a few years now and never actually had this problem until my latest reformat on Sunday.
When I open the material editor in 3DSMax it shuts down instantly, but only when I open it the second time.

I can easily reproduce the bug with opening 3DSMax, openening the material editor within, closing it and opening it again. On the second startup of the window Max will crash. The crash does not occur when I stop AWM.
It does not occur either, if I have AWM stopped while having the material editor open, then restarting AWM again.

The solution in this thread
http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=3230
was to update to a new version, but tbh, I cannot afford updating right now, so please help me!

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/25/2016 10:57:53

Hello Gustav,

Try to add an exclusion for the Material Editor window with the following parameters:

Code
  Window class: #32770

Window caption: Material Editor
                (•) Substring match

Program: \3dsmax.exe

You can quickly add such exclusion by right-clicking the certain line in the Log window (as in your screenshot) and selecting Exclude this window.

Gustav Krause

Posted: 05/25/2016 20:21:07

Works like a charm!
Thanks for the fast and easy fix!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login