Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title Bar buttons in Windows 10 AWM 8.8 , buttons not consistently displayed » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1963

J. Y.

Posted: 04/28/2016 11:41:11

Hello, I am just transitioning to Windows 10 and upgraded to AWM 8.8 in the process.

The title bar buttons in Win10 are displaying inconsistenly between apps.  Here are some examples from my setup:

Here is the title bar buttons for the file explorer.
User added an image

Here is the title bar buttons from VirtualBox:
User added an image

And the title bar buttons from Firefox:
User added an image

So my questions are:

Why are the Actual Window Manager buttons black but the Win10 buttons grey?

Why are the Actual Window Manager buttons on the VirtualBox window smaller than the Win10 buttons?

And lastly, what is going on with the Firefox window buttons?  The Actual Window Manager buttons are very small and shifted up towards the window edge and the Win10 buttons are duplicated(!) and black and white.  (although for some reason the firefox buttons are duplicated like that even when not running AWM)

Can someone explain all these different variations and how I can make the appearance consistent across all windows?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/04/2016 18:56:27

Hello, J.Y.

Why are the Actual Window Manager buttons black but the Win10 buttons grey?
Actual Window Manager title buttons are black because initially the Windows native title buttons were black. We'll consider the changing the color of the buttons so that the buttons fit the Windows appearance better.

Why are the Actual Window Manager buttons on the VirtualBox window smaller than the Win10 buttons?
The buttons may be smaller due to peculiarity of the VirtualBox window. For now i can't give you a more detailed answer, we'll try to figure this out.

The Actual Window Manager buttons are very small and shifted up towards the window edge
But on the screenshot they don't seem to be very small as compared with title buttons from other screenshots and with the native title buttons of Firefox.

the Win10 buttons are duplicated(!) and black and white. (although for some reason the firefox buttons are duplicated like that even when not running AWM)
It doesn't look like it's caused by AWM. What version of Firefox are you running?
Your Firefox doesn't look like a standard Firefox window. Are you running some visual theme for Firefox? Have you manually changed the values of the registry parameters or have you used any tweaker programs for adusting the system and software settings and appearance?

What DPI are you using on your monitors?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register