Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «TrueLaunchBar , TrueLaunchBar toolbars on secondary monitors don't work correctly » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3567

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/12/2016 02:55:17

TrueLaunchBar toolbars don't work correctly.
When attaching truelaunchbar toolbars on AWM-taskbars, it doesn't work correctly.
Its refreshing and freezing all the time and very often the message occurs: "Actual Window Manager isn't answering. Do you want to close the program or wait?"
Is there a workaround?

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2016 17:53:50

Hello, Nils

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)?

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit)?

Best regards.

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/14/2016 01:10:08

Dear Bogdan,

yes I will send it.
But at the moment there a further programs installed than only AWM and TrueLaunchBar. And at the moment I use the trial version 8.7, cause 8.2.2 (last version I am able to update) doesn't work with Windows 10 at all - for that issue I allready wrote at your support via E-Mail. Till problem is solved, I use the trial version.

I just also bought and installed DisplayFusion too, because profiles aren't running correct with AWM. But there seem to be no problems between the two programs.

What I should mention is, that there is a unrepairable fault negative with sfc /scannow, because NVidia opencl.dll file from driver installation recognized as correct file from Windows 10 - but thats a known issue which should be ignored (as Microsoft developer said).

The problems of my three questions in the forum occur with Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10. I use a very special Windows 10 version called Windows 10 EDU 64-bit (EDU stands for education). The version is the same as Ultimate version, but with one or two additional features.

I send the file in some minutes via E-mail.

Edit:  At the moment I only use the trial of Actual Window Guard in order to prevent issues between ActualTools and DisplayFusion..
By the way, I found out, that the problem disappears when I don't use TrueLaunchBar on ActualTools taskbars. But it is no option for me to uninstall TrueLaunchBar. For me, TrueLaunchBar and AWM have about the same (high) importance.

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2016 16:45:25

Nils,

I was unable to confirm the described behavior in Windows 10 x64.

How do you add True Launch Bar panel to the taskbar? This way: taskbar context menu > Toolbars > True Launch Bar?

What exactly area freezes and refreshes: True Launnch Bar toolbar area or the whole taskbar area?

What exactly version and build of Windows 10 do you have? You can see it here: Search > type Winver and run it.

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/21/2016 07:46:21

Dear Bogdan,

if it is really possible to get TrueLaunchBar running on my system it would be great.
So, nice to hear that you don't have the problems when using it.

Windows version I use is: Version 1511 (Build 10586.104)
I attached a screenshot.

In order to use TrueLaunchBar I do the following procedure:

1. I add the first TrueLaunchBar-bar with right-click on taskbar, choose toolbars and then choosing TrueLaunchBar. Then I add the so called "Standard Quick Launch toolbar"

2. Now I right-click on this bar and open TLB Settings...

3. I click on options, then I choose the tab "toolbars", click on New and create a toolbar of a folder that I prepared before.

4. I right-click on an empty place on taskbar, choose toolbars and then I choose True Launch Bar...

5. I choose the toolbar that I created before.

I know, that there is a more easier way to create the toolbar, but with the more easy method that you "used", I got problems when there were crashed of True Launch Bar or Windows Explorer in the past and all settings were lost.

With my method, the taskbars aren't lost...

But also with your method I get same errors.

Following errors occur:

- Whole toolbar get brighter and then it occurs the typical Windows hourglass that appear when the system freezes
- all toolbars on all monitors dissapear and try to reload, which sometimes look as blinking toolbars. After several times of fails of reloads of the toolbars, then it works again (after about one minute). This scenario happens randomly about 3 or 4 times in an hour

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/29/2016 13:40:14

Nils,

Your email about upgrading your license has been answered, please check your mailbox.

If you're going to purchase the upgrade, then could you send us configuration files from Actual Window Manager when you install the latest version, not from Actual Window Guard.

Actually, you can send us сonfiguration files from Actual Window Manager 8.7 anyway: even when evaluation period expires, the program still works 30 minutes a day.

- Whole toolbar get brighter and then it occurs the typical Windows hourglass that appear when the system freezes
- all toolbars on all monitors dissapear and try to reload, which sometimes look as blinking toolbars.
When you say "toolbars" do you really mean toolbars or do you mean taskbars? If you mean toolbars, then could you clarify with what exactly toolbars the problem happens. Does it happen with non-TrueLaunchBar toolbars?

Best regards.

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 03/03/2016 17:06:38

Hello Bogdan,

I don't want to "let sleeping dogs lie", but I guess one of your colleague has changed my license expire date, so that now I can use the version 8.7 without any hint. I hope that my honesty won't let it happen that someone will revoke it.

The taskbars handled with AWM are refreshing when there are true launch bar toolbars attached on it.

At the moment, I use the combination of recent display fusion and AWM 8.7 and there are only less problems that before. Now I get a CPU workload on startup for about 2-3 minutes and about 1-2 minutes when changing desktop profile. The involved process is "ActualWindowManagerShellCenter64.exe".
It would be great, if you could change it, that this process would be only allowed to use a maximum of about 80%. But I am also wondering about this high workload, because I use an i5-2320 3.3 GHZ Quad-Core-CPU, two GTX750 TI OC graphic cards and 16GB RAM, so that there shouldn't be a performance problem with my hardware.

I just sent the configuration file with the known E-Mail adress.

By the way, I could solve one problem that occured when using StrokesPlus (taskbars are flashing very often). Therefore I had to change code in a file of StrokesPlus. If thats also interesting, I would send this file to you...

Best regards
Nils

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 03/17/2016 00:13:42

Hello,

are there new informations about the problems with your software on my system? I sent the requested informations (configuartion files) some time ago.

If there isn't a fix for the problems, I have got two questions:

1. Is it possible either to load your program which seems to be set up as Windows service (completely) till Windows is started? I have two wait many minutes after start of my PC until I can use one of my taskbars. If I do it directly after starting the computer, I get the information that Actual Windows Manager doesn't respond and if I want to end the proces..., which is very annoying.

2. If there is also no fix for my question in no.1: Is it possible to change my license of Actual Window Manager against a license for Actual Window Guard (because this is working as it should) or is it possible to deactivate all other functions than the Actual Window Guard functions in Actual Window Manager?

Otherwise, a question to other users of Actual Tools tools. Does anyone with a Actual Window Guard want to change his/her license against my license for Actual Window Manager (which is a suite of all actual tools incl. Actual Window Guard).?

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/20/2016 21:56:45

Nils,

We were unable to reproduce the problem using your configuration files. Do you have any third-party taskbar enhancement/system enhancement software installed?

About the first question:
Unfortunately, there is no such ability in Actual Window Manager.

About the second question:
I'll be able to give you an answer about the license change tomorrow.
You can disable the features of Actual Window Manager which aren't presented in Actual Window Guard, but there no ability to do it in one click. You'll have to disable the features manually. Here is the comparison chart, where you can see what features of Actual Window Manager aren't presented in Actual Window Guard.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register