Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Incompatibilities with Mozilla Firefox , certain mouse events/window buttons not working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6858

Steve Sobol

Posted: 01/27/2016 04:29:49

I have Actual Window Manager set to put a button on the title bar of each window, that moves the window to the "next" display -- or in my case, the other display, since I only have two. :)

I also have the program set to send a window to the system tray when I right-click the minimize button. None of the other mouse events are enabled.

This works with most Windows programs, except recent versions of Mozilla Firefox; I'm currently on Firefox 44.0.

The "send to next window" title bar button randomly disappears and re-appears. When it's there, it *does* work.

Right-clicking the minimize button to minimize Firefox to the system tray doesn't work at all. The right-click is ignored.

I first saw this problem with Actual Window Manager 8.6.2. I saw that there is a beta of 8.7 available so I installed it, but I am seeing the exact same results with the beta.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional / Service Pack 1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/01/2016 11:39:55

Hello, Steve.

I was unable to reproduce the issues with Firefox version 45.0b1. Could you see, whether the issues persist in this version for you?

What Windows theme do you use?

About the first issue: does the disappearing of the button depend on the number of open tabs? For how long does the button disappear? Do you see the compact view button, when the "Move to monitor" button disappears (shown on the attached picture)?

About the second issue: do you use any Firefox visual themes? Could you set the classic theme in Windows settings and see whether the issue still persists with title buttons in classic style?

Steve Sobol

Posted: 02/02/2016 02:13:46

Same thing with 45.0b1 32-bit (I was using 32-bit Firefox before, too)

When I mouse over the minimize, restore or close buttons, the "send to next window" button disappears and only comes back when I mouse over the spot where that button SHOULD be.

I'm using Windows 7 Basic but I have a bunch of settings turned off to enhance performance (for example, I disabled window animations).

I am not using a Firefox theme other than the default that ships with the browser.

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/02/2016 15:29:57

Steve,

When I mouse over the minimize, restore or close buttons, the "send to next window" button disappears and only comes back when I mouse over the spot where that button SHOULD be.
The problem has been confirmed. It happens only in non-aero Windows themes.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Steve Sobol

Posted: 02/03/2016 04:14:10

You'll fix the "non-functional minimize to tray button" bug too, then? That's arguably a much bigger problem.

I can switch back to an Aero theme for now. Thanks :)

Steve Sobol

Posted: 02/03/2016 04:25:31

Incidentally, I just confirmed that the Minimize-to-Tray bug only shows up with a non-Aero theme, just like the Next Window bug.

I did see this bit of weirdness when using Firefox with an Aero theme, though. (See attached PNG)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/03/2016 12:53:33

Steve,

Right-clicking the minimize button to minimize Firefox to the system tray doesn't work at all. The right-click is ignored.
This problem also has been confirmed, we'll try to fix it.

The problem depicted on the picture has been also confirmed. It is associated with the theme changing and appears if you change the theme with our program running. We'll try to fix it.

Steve Sobol

Posted: 02/03/2016 22:24:12

Yes, that happened after I changed themes after reading the latest updates to this post. I shut down last night, started Windows up this morning and it isn't happening now.

So you will post here when everything is fixed, right?

Thank you for your help

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/04/2016 11:50:21

Steve,

Yes, we'll post in this topic, when the issue is fixed.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register