New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[SOLVED] Mirroring on AMM 8.6.2 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5652

Dawson Ben

Posted: 01/12/2016 02:19:49

I'm trying to use Actual Multiple Monitors ver 8.6.2 on WinXP32 to show only a portion of my screen as full screen (only one display) to an Element LED TV.

Using the mirroring option, I select the space that I want to show as full screen, apply the changes, and hit the hotkeys.  The desired image shows up, then shrinks by 10%, then 20%, 30%, etc until it disappears and shows only a black screen until I hit the hot keys to turn it back off.

When I say it shrinks, the images on the desired screen don't shrink, the selected area size changes and starts cutting off the bottom and left edges of the selected area until it's all black.

Any help or ideas??

Thanks,

Ben
618-998-8333 ext 24138

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/12/2016 20:28:34

Hello, Ben

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Add a link to this topic to the email.

How do you specify the source area – manually or using the Select button?

Best regards.

Dawson Ben

Posted: 01/12/2016 21:14:14

OK, I wasn't able to send the files directly from the Kiosk computer - but I saved them and sent them in an e-mail to you.  I also included an e-mail I sent to Tech Support yesterday regarding the same issue.  

I have been selecting the area using the select button as it is a portion of a webpage in the middle of the screen.  However, I have tried selecting different areas and all result in the same defect on that computer.

Feel free to give me a call as well on the number and extension I posted in the OP.

Thanks,

Ben

Dawson Ben

Posted: 01/12/2016 21:33:16

I'd also like to note that on the Kiosk PC, there is no standard monitor, only a TV mounted portrait with the screen rotated at 270* for vertical viewing.  I'm curious if there isn't an issue with the graphics card / VGA transmission not liking what AMM is trying to do.  The graphics drivers have been updated to most recent available.

Dawson Ben

Posted: 01/14/2016 03:09:24

Ok - I think the AMM program is capturing that part of the desktop, then recapturing at the refresh interval which is why it is shrinking then shrinking, then black...

The strange thing is the program doesn't do this on my desktop monitor... Only on the Kiosk TV

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2016 15:08:56

Ben,

Yes, you're right: when you try to mirror the area of the monitor as full-screen on the same monitor, the program captures the part of the mirrored area stretched to full-screen and displays that part full-screen instead on every refresh, and that's why the image shrinks.

If you need to show some area of the monitor enlarged on the same monitor, the best you can do using our program is to mirror the Window but no as full-screen and with increased scale. Try this and let me know if you require any further assistance.

The strange thing is the program doesn't do this on my desktop monitor... Only on the Kiosk TV
Do you mean you're doing the same on the other computer – mirror the area of the screen on the same display – and it works?

Dawson Ben

Posted: 01/18/2016 21:41:49

Yes that's correct!  I follow the exact same procedure at my desk with only one monitor and the area selected displays full screen and doesn't re-capture.  The website information (production statistics for assembly lines) updates on the full screen as it is in the original window - but the picture behaves as desired.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/19/2016 15:46:55

Ben,

What OS do you have installed on that other computer? Actually, the Use hardware acceleration option lets you display the area on the same screen properly, but it's available only in Aero Themes in Windows Vista or newer versions. See whether this option is enabled for that computer.

Dawson Ben

Posted: 01/19/2016 21:47:08

It is not.  This is a windows XP machine.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/20/2016 17:56:31

Ben,

Do you mean you have Windows XP on your both PCs (Kiosk PC and other one) and the same mirroring scheme works for the latter and doesn't work for the former?

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register