Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Monitor sequence changed since 8.6.1 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2499

Harald Sann

Posted: 11/24/2015 01:26:18

Since upgrading to v8.6.1 of awm the sequence of the monitors has changed. That stand for: the taskbars and the virtual desktops incl. their attributes have changed. In addition, the output of self-developed commands appears on the wrong monitor/vd.
System: Win 8.1 64bit
How to solve this problem?

Harald

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/24/2015 17:57:25

Hello, Harald.

Is the display numbering in the AWM's Monitors Layout and Settings section (AWM Configuration window > Multiple Monitors > Monitors Layout and Settings) the same as in the Windows Screen Resolution settings window?

Could you send us the screenshots of both these windows, depicting the monitor layouts?

Has the main display changed after the update to 8.6.1?

Best regards.

Harald Sann

Posted: 11/25/2015 01:00:14

The original sequence of the monitors was 3-1-2 (from left to right). Since upgrading and restart the system the sequence is 3-2-1. The main display was and is 1. But after upgrading  monitor 1 is on the right hand and that causes the problems. Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to change the sequence numbers, neither in system nor in awm.

Best regards
Harald

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/25/2015 19:45:05

The main display was and is 1
But is the same device under number 1 as it was before?

The monitors numbering has changed, but the order of devices in the layout is the same, as before, right?

Is the display numbering in the AWM's Monitors Layout and Settings section (AWM Configuration window > Multiple Monitors > Monitors Layout and Settings) the same as in the Windows Screen Resolution settings window?

Could you send us the screenshots of both these windows, depicting the monitor layouts?

Harald Sann

Posted: 11/25/2015 23:55:26

But is the same device under number 1 as it was before?
No. Before upgrading device 1 was the monitor in the middle. Now it is the monitor on the right hand.
I don't change the hardware. The monitors are on the same place on my desk as before.

The monitors numbering has changed, but the order of devices in the layout is the same, as before, right?
No. Before upgrading the monitor numbering was 3-1-2. Now it's 3-2-1.

The display numbering in awm and windows are the same.
I've tried to add the screenshots. But without success.

Best regards
Harald

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2015 13:36:07

Harald,

By the order of devices i mean not order of numbers and not the placement of the monitors on your desk. What i mean is the order of devices specified in the Display parameter for each monitor in the layout (see the screenshot). Each monitor in the layout is tied to the exact device, so has the order of devices (from left to right) changed (both in AWM and in Windows)?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2015 19:50:39

Harald,

In some cases (e.g. for digital connectors like DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort), monitor numbering in Actual Window Manager differed from the system monitor numbering. Determination of display numbers has been improved in the 8.6.1 version of Actual Window Manager.

Apparentley, in your case the previous numbering of the monitors in AWM was not really correct, i.e. differed from the system monitor numbering, and now it has changed to correct.

Unfortunately, you have to reconfigure your settings according to the current monitor numbering.

Please, tell us if this doesn't help and the problem repeats.

Best regards.

Harald Sann

Posted: 12/02/2015 01:43:01

I've started reconfiguring the settings.
1. primary monitor set to 2
2. new distributing of vds incl. attributes
3. shift icons to monitor 2
4. adapted the combi commands
up to here no problems occurs.

But when I try to shift the functionality of the taskbar of monitor/device nr. 1 to the primary monitor (now nr. 2) the problem begin. The taskbar on this monitor has no starticon. Monitor 1 and 2 have starticons.

What's to do to have a complete and full functional taskbar on the primary monitor?

Best regards

Harald

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/02/2015 17:59:57

Harald,

What do you mean by "shift the functionality of the taskbar of monitor/device nr. 1 to the primary monitor (now nr. 2)"?

Does the taskbar on the monitor under the number 1 has no start button? Is this an Actual Window Manager taskbar, not the Windows standard secondary taskbar? Send us the screenshot that shows the context menu of this taskbar (right click on the free area of the taskbar)?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register