Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop icons scrambled after reboot » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2784

William Craven

Posted: 11/24/2015 00:53:47

Windows 7 Pro with all current updates,
AMM Ver 8.6.2
6 monitors, 2 hardware based, 4 usb based

After rebooting, all of the icons and gadgets have been moved to the primary screen.

This is very annoying.

Is there any fix for this?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/24/2015 18:20:38

Hello, William

Is the display numbering in the AMM's Monitors Layout and Settings section (AWM Configuration window > Multiple Monitors > Monitors Layout and Settings) the same as in the Windows Screen Resolution settings window?

Could you send us the screenshots of both these windows, depicting the monitor layouts?

Has the main display changed after the update to 8.6.2?

Best regards.

William Craven

Posted: 11/30/2015 03:52:28

Hello Bogdan,

I sent the information that you requested to support@actualtools.com on November 24th.

Did you get it?

In answer to your questions:

The Windows configuration display and the AMM configuration display are the same.

The screen resolution is the same for all monitors

I had this problem before updating to 8.6.2   (I only updated to make sure that the problem hadn't been fixed in the update)

Screen shots are attached to the support email that I sent.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2015 15:36:25

William,

In some cases (e.g. for digital connectors like DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort), monitor numbering in Actual Window Manager differed from the system monitor numbering. Determination of display numbers has been improved in the 8.6.1 version of Actual Window Manager.

Apparentley, in your case the previous numbering of the monitors in AWM was not really correct, i.e. differed from the system monitor numbering, and now it has changed to correct.

Unfortunately, you have to reconfigure your settings according to the current monitor numbering.

Please, tell us if this doesn't help.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register