Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Some Issues with sleep mode and maximizing windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3251

Seb Werd

Posted: 11/10/2015 01:11:41

I've been trying to find a good program that allows separate task-bars for two or more monitors... and the company I'm with has a license for UltraMon, which while good lacks many necessary features. After some research, I came across this program and it seems superb. However, having tried the trial period for 14 of the 30 days.. there are a few issues that are really bothersome.

One, whenever my PC goes into sleep mode or logs off... all the windows from the second monitor get moved to the original main monitor on wakeup or relog in. This is quite frustrating as I have to move all the windows and remax or resize them manually back to the second monitor.

Two, some programs, when pinned to the second monitor task-bar will move to the first monitor when maxed, while the pinned icon stays on the second monitor. The active maxed window still shows on the second monitor, it is the task-bar icon that moves to the first monitor. This again gets very annoying.

Now my companies Ultramon licence is about to expire so I have been lobbying to our IT dood to go with this great program.. but if these situations do not have a remedy or fix I feel it will be for naught.

I hope I was clear in trying to explain the problems. If not ill try to reword or better explain if asked.

Hopefully these are simple fixes =D.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2015 19:03:29

Hello Seb

About the first issue: please check whether this happens with our program not started. This can be the usual OS behavior. Let us know about the results.

About the second one: what programs are you experiencing such problem with (names, versions)?

What OS are you running (name, 32 or 64-bit)?

Best regards.

Seb Werd

Posted: 11/10/2015 22:58:51

The problem did not seem to repeat today for item number 1. The 3 windows I left on the second monitor remained there on login. I turned off AMM and the problem was not replicated. Ill try to go to sleep mode a few more times and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Programs are

Mapinfo 8.5, build 32
DaDisp 6.7

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/12/2015 14:29:07

Hello Seb.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with the taskbar icons going to wrong taskbar. Does it happen everytime for you?

Are you using the standard Windows "Maximize" button, when the problem appears?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools section > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add the link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2015 13:09:27

Seb,

Just tested this with your configuration, still unable to reproduce the issue.

What is your DPI setting on Windows 7 (you can see it here: Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display, one of the three sizes specified as a percentage)?

Seb Werd

Posted: 11/16/2015 22:59:55

It is Larger - 150%

For MapInfo, if I manually try to fit the window size to the edges it is fine, but when I press the maximize button it disappears and with DaDisp it just wont show anymore on the taskbar... just the icon now -_-.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/18/2015 15:12:09

The problem has been confirmed. And its appearance depends on DPI and Aero theme. It wont appear if you set DPI=100% or if you disable the Aero theme.

We'll try to fix it.

Do you mean that the DADiSP taskbar icon doesn't appear neither on the system taskbar, not on the AMM taskbar? Does it happen when AMM is disabled?

Seb Werd

Posted: 11/18/2015 23:04:50

Yea Im referring to the icon on the taskbar. When you move a program from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the taskbar icon moves to the second monitor taskbar, however whenever I maximise the window on monitor 2, the taskbar icon goes back to monitor one while the screen stays maxed on monitor 2.

Also, Im running on an integrated GPU sadly. I think that might be a problem as well. So I'll try to swindle a dedicated GPU and see if that fixes the problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/19/2015 15:23:27

Seb,

When you move a program from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the taskbar icon moves to the second monitor taskbar, however whenever I maximise the window on monitor 2, the taskbar icon goes back to monitor one while the screen stays maxed on monitor 2.
Like I said, this problem has been confirmed, and we'll try to fix it.

with DaDisp it just wont show anymore on the taskbar... just the icon now
Do you mean the icon for open DaDisp window doesn't appear on the taskbars at all?

Best regards.

Seb Werd

Posted: 11/19/2015 23:04:05

with DaDisp it just wont show anymore on the taskbar... just the icon now

Do you mean the icon for open DaDisp window doesn't appear on the taskbars at all?

Best regards.

Yes, it goes back to the monitor 1 taskbar, while the open window remains open on the second monitor. If I have to minimize or or select it, I have to go to the monitor one taskbar for the icon.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register