Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Dropdown boxes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3123

Dave B

Posted: 10/23/2015 19:56:02

All my dropdown boxes move fr om where they should be to the top left of the screen.

For example when searching this forum and you choose the dropdown "search wh ere" the drop down list moves to the top left of the screen when clicked.

Any ideas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/27/2015 17:12:54

Hello, Dave.

Please check, whether the Move to monitor at startup action is enabled in the specific settings for this program (Configuration module > Window Settings > specific settings for this program > Startup > Move to monitor).

What is the program that you have problems with (name, version)?

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Could you send us screenshot depicting this problem?

Best regards.

Shield Anderson

Posted: 11/03/2015 01:03:16

I am having the same issue with Google Chrome. See attached image.

thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/05/2015 14:00:28

Hello, Shield Anderson.

Seems like some window rule with the Move to monitor function enabled is applied to these Drop-down lists.

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration window > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/07/2015 19:10:18

Hi there

Shield Anderson , I've tried to reproduce the issue with your configuration, and i can say, that the option "Move to monitor" of the Default settings causes this behaviour, because it is applied to these drop-down lists among other windows.

To avoid this situation you should exclude these elements from processing by Actual Multiple Monitors. Create two Exclusions, as it shown on the screenshots below, so that you exclude the problem elements without excluding the main Chrome Window.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/07/2015 19:11:19

Exclusion #2

Shield Anderson

Posted: 11/10/2015 02:09:26

Bogdan,

The solution did not work for me. The only difference between the screenshots and my own is that I'm running a 32-bit Chrome browser, so my Program field is filled into this path:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

I don't see how that could make any difference, but everything else is as per your instructions.

Thanks,
Shield

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2015 22:20:28

Actually, you can specify just "\chrome.exe" as a value of the Program parameter for this exclusion, so that the exclusion is applied to Chrome windows even if the path to executable file may vary.

You've specified "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" as a value of the Program parameter, right?
If yes, the exclusion doesn't work because of presence of two specific settings for chrome windows with the same values of parameters in your configuration. In such cases, specific setting has higher priority than exclusion, so the specifig setting is applied to the window.

You can either disable those specific settings or make them more detailed by adding/enabling the Caption parameter if you need them, so that they won't be applied to the said Chrome elements.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register