Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Two bugs (maybe related?) in AWM 8.6 on Win10 x64 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2816

Mark

Posted: 10/19/2015 09:54:58

I have two problems that may or may not be related:

1) I have deactivated the "Snap to Left" and "Snap to Right" hotkeys and replaced them (with the Win+Left/Right combo) with custom options for "Move to Monitor 1" and "Move to Monitor 2".  After applying the changes and confirming that the hotkey settings reflect the changes, Win+Left and Win+Right are still bound to Snap Left/Snap Right.

2) I have defined Office 2013 and Excel 2013 in my exclusions list, as I think they are not playing nicely with AWM and I would like to troubleshoot this fact; however, after adding them to the list (via the AWM menu on the program window, selecting "Manage Window Settings"->"Exclude This Window") and applying the changes, AWM continues to draw its menus on these programs' windows.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?  It seems kinda like they are related, in that somehow AWM is ignoring my changes, even as it simultaneously knows what my changes are.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/20/2015 16:07:31

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the post.

1) I have deactivated the "Snap to Left" and "Snap to Right" hotkeys and replaced them (with the Win+Left/Right combo) with custom options for "Move to Monitor 1" and "Move to Monitor 2". After applying the changes and confirming that the hotkey settings reflect the changes, Win+Left and Win+Right are still bound to Snap Left/Snap Right.
The Win+Left/Right combinations are used by the system snap actions. Please try to change the combinations (e.g. Win+Alt+Left/Right).

2) I have defined Office 2013 and Excel 2013 in my exclusions list, as I think they are not playing nicely with AWM and I would like to troubleshoot this fact; however, after adding them to the list (via the AWM menu on the program window, selecting "Manage Window Settings"->"Exclude This Window") and applying the changes, AWM continues to draw its menus on these programs' windows.
Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and attach a link to this thread.

Mark

Posted: 10/26/2015 23:41:02

Apologies for the delay, I went on vacation and did not keep up with anything electronic. :)

Thanks for the information about the shortcut and Windows 10; I was unware.

I double-checked this morning and it appears that the pre-installed "Window Specific" settings for these programs were overriding the exclusions.  I hadn't realized they were there, but I went over it again before sending the config report and found them listed; disabling the settings there cleared it up.

Logically, I would expect the "Exclusions" to override the general or "Window Specific" settings, and if anything now I merely suggest that in future versions that be the case; either that, or if the program logic can somehow check for conflicts between "Exclusions" and "Window Specific" settings and notify the user.

Thanks a bunch!  This thread can be locked.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register