Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Task bars in Win10 , Task bars are flaky in Windows 10 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2733

Marek Kotas

Posted: 09/02/2015 19:46:17

I am running the trial version of AWM version 8.5 on three monitors.  Since upgrading to Win10 I have had problems with the task bar.  I use auto hide but this is now at best random.  Sometimes auto hide will work, but most of the time it refuses to hide.  Sometimes I can force it to hide by minimising the window on that particular monitor and restoring it again.  The other problem is with the appearence of the task bar.  Due to the colour scheme it is difficult to see the task buttons.

My trial has expired now so I am unable to futher test.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/04/2015 16:57:53

Hello Merek,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue with auto hide. Please privde a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue.

Please also specify your colour scheme.

David Feeney

Posted: 09/06/2015 00:19:22

I also have a problem with taskbars and minimizing with Windows 10.  I have 3 monitors.  When I minimize to taskbar, I cannot restore or maximize the window by any known means.  No settings or combination of settings in AWM 8.5 will solve this problem. Also, the minimized taskbar item will often move from Monitor to Monitor when left clicked.  This is very frustrating and removing a lot of usefulness of AWM.  The problem completely stops when I stop or unload AWM, and returns immediately when I start/reload.  I used SENT TO TECH SUPPORT, but no response.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/07/2015 08:28:53

Hello David,

Please specify applications (names, versions) you have noticed the restore issue with (names, versions). Are you able to reproduce the issue on both system and Actual Taskbar? How do you minimize these windows (left click on their taskbar icons, standard minimize title button, etc.)? Please also try to trace which exactly steps cause the issue appearing.

Dan Kim

Posted: 12/03/2015 00:20:24

Hi, all --

I had the same problem -- Windows 10, Actual Windows Manager 8.6.2, 3 monitors. Apps that were minimized to the taskbar got "stuck" there.

After a couple of frustrating hours, it occurred to me to try a "clean" uninstall and reinstall.

I uninstalled AWM. I then went into the Windows registry and deleted everything I could find containing the string "ActualTools." I also deleted all of the Actual Tools folders from my hard drive.

When I reinstalled AWM 8.6.2, the problem was completely gone. :)

The problem initially appeared after I upgraded from an earlier version of AWM. My guess is that the culprit was some registry entry or .ini file that was left over from the previous version.

Anyway, hth.

Dan

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register