Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar appears in full screen Windows Media Center , Starting with AWM version 7.0 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2572

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/01/2015 13:45:52

I have not used Windows Media Center for quite a while, but now that I was looking into building or buying an HTPC I did. Normally when Windows Media Center is run full screen the taskbar disappears so that only Windows Media Center is shown. However, when AWM runs, the taskbar does appear, sometimes after a couple of seconds. When I stop (not exit) AWM the taskbar disappears, when I start AWM again the taskbar appears again.

I have tracked the issue down and it appears to have been introduced in AWM 7.0 and has occurred since then. The release notes of version 7.0 state "Title buttons did not appear in the Windows Media Center window." Apparently with that fix this new bug was introduced. It is noteworthy that AWM's title buttons only appear when Windows Media Center is not full screen, which is correct. I have confirmed that the taskbar issue is not present in AWM 6.7.2 as well as 6.0.

I have observed this issue in both Vista Ultimate 32-bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. When testing, both systems only had 1 monitor on which the normal taskbar was shown, not AWM's taskbar.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/01/2015 17:02:49

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue with system taskbar on Win 7 x64 machine and Actual Window Manager 8.5 running. Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) from your Windows 7 x64 machine , specify your versions of Actual Window Manager and Windows Media Player and provide a step by step description of how to reproduce the problem. If there are no steps to reproduce, please specify how often the problem appears on your Windows 7 x64 machine.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/01/2015 19:09:11

Hello Vasiliy,

Thanks for your fast response. Could it be that you were unable to reproduce the issue because you were using Windows Media Player? I am talking about Windows Media Center.

The steps to reproduce are very simple: open Windows Media Center and then maximise the window (if it is not already maximised). The taskbar always appears (sometimes after a few seconds). It occurs since AWM 7.0 up till the current version 8.5, which I currently have installed. I cannot find a version number for Windows Media Center, unless you know how to. The program is embedded in Windows and not a separate download (until Windows 7).

In the mean time I have been able to reproduce the issue also in a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate x32 VM with a fresh install of AWM 8.5.

Because the issue happens in a fresh install of both Windows 7 and AWM 8.5, and I suspect you may have confused Windows Media Center with Windows Media Player and it currently takes me a bit more effort than normal to send you the configuration files from my Windows 7 x64 machine due to technical reasons, I am not yet sending you these files. Should you still need them, please let me know and I will send them.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/04/2015 15:59:10

Hello Pim,

Yes, I tried to reproduce the problem with Windows Media Player instead of Window Media Center. The problem with Windows Media Center 6.1.7601.17514 (Windows Media Center -> Tasks -> Settings -> General -> About Windows Media Center -> Software Version) and Actual Window Manager 8.5 has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and inform you about our results.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register