Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 10 Issue List » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2208

VH VH

Posted: 08/04/2015 16:36:18

Hi, I've just moved to Windows 10, I'm running AMM v8.4 and am seeing the following issues:

Taskbars
- Taskbar is black and text is black so you can't see the date / time or any other words on taskbar
- I can't seem to pin anything to any taskbar
- Clicking the start button on any taskbar opens up the start menu on main screen only, not on screen it is click on fr om
- Clicking on the date / time either doesn't open anything or when it occasionally does it opens on main screen only not on the screen which it was clicked from

Window Settings
- Specific settings seem to be ignored if I have a default setting enabled. E.g. if I specify Outlook to open in a specific screen it works okay, however if I then set the default setting to move Windows at startup to screen having mouse pointer then the Outlook specific setting is ignored and it launches wh ere I have the mouse pointer.
- Title buttons seem really messy, in many windows and programs they clash over the standard windows minimise and fullscreen icons

Styling
This might be a personal thing however the taskbar looks basic compared to the new Windows 10 taskbar. For example the icons on the Win10 taskbar are slightly smaller and seem nicer, could you follow their lead and make your taskbars look and feel the same? Another example is the search icon you are currently using, it looks too big compared to the nice Win10 one.

(Sorry to be picky but you have a great product and with these bug fixes and some better visuals it will make Win 10 behave perfectly with multi-monitors.)

I thought it might be useful to let you know what issues I'm seeing.

Thanks.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/06/2015 11:58:06

Hello VH VH,

Thank you for your report. These are known issues. We are working on Win10 compatibility and will try to fix as much as possible inconsistencies in the upcoming version 8.5.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

- Specific settings seem to be ignored if I have a default setting enabled. E.g. if I specify Outlook to open in a specific screen it works okay, however if I then set the default setting to move Windows at startup to screen having mouse pointer then the Outlook specific setting is ignored and it launches wh ere I have the mouse pointer.
- Could you send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and provide a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue? Are you able to reproduce the issue with other applications?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register