Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Divider on wrong display , Desktop Divider on wrong display » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2006

Susan Alexandria

Posted: 08/02/2015 06:47:52

My Setup:  23" Samsung(Vertical) connected via HDMI | 27" Acer(Primary) connected via DisplayPort to a GTX980 running in Windows 8.1

When I create a profile for Desktop Divider I am creating a split screen on my 23" Vertical monitor but the when I try to snap a window to the divider it does not show up as an option on the correct screen.  It does however split my 27" primary monitor.  I have tried putting the divider on the 27" Primary display and it shows up correctly on that monitor and not on the 23" vertical monitor.  I have attached a screenshot that shows both displays and the outline of the Desktop Divider areas.

Manny Calavera

Posted: 08/05/2015 05:32:52

Having the same problem in a triple monitor configuration. And it isn't just the dividers that are not mapping to the correct screen; the monitor ID numbers (1,2,3,..) do not match up to the ones shown in windows screen layout settings or my Nvidia driver settings. So, for example, if Windows screen layout shows (left to right physically) 1, 2, 3 then AMM might show them as 3, 1, 2. That seems like it may be related to the issue.

I have worked around the problem by configuring the dividers incorrectly intentionally; so that they will map up to the screen I want them on. But obviously it's not a thing we want happening in the future.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/06/2015 12:49:06

Hello Susan and Manny,

Thanks for the post.

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a link to this thread.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register