Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «'Move To' option messed up , It now takes me 3 clicks instead of 1. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3447

Rocco

Posted: 07/24/2015 13:27:57

As a long time user of AWM I try to get used to new changes but there are a couple of changes in recent versions that I'm finding really annoying because it results in me having to click 3 times to move to monitor where it used to take only 1.

The first is the "Compact view". I have this disabled but for some reason Firefox still shows it. It might have something to do with having a lot of tabs open but if I have Compact view disabled it shouldn't compact it. It even compacts when I don't have the tabs on the title bar.

The second is when I click the Move To button I often get a window showing the window layout for me to choose where to send the window. I only have 2 displays. I don't need that extra click. It serves no purpose for me. I can't see any options to disable it.

I also tested it in Firefox Safe Mode. It still does it. While there are few tabs the Move To button remains visible and works with 1 click. When there are a lot of tabs the Move To get compacted and about 50% of the time I click it it displays the select a window popup.

So in conclusion, where I used to click the Move To button once to move the monitor, now I have to click the Compact View button then the Move To button then select the window. So can you fix the Compact View with Firefox so it doesn't get used when it's disabled? And please give me an option to disable that feature for choosing where to send the window. I'd like to go back to 1-click moves please.

Rocco.

AWM version 8.4
On Windows 7 sp1 x64
Firefox version 39.0 and up to date.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/05/2015 18:46:11

Hello Rocco,

Thanks for the post.

The first is the "Compact view". I have this disabled but for some reason Firefox still shows it. It might have something to do with having a lot of tabs open but if I have Compact view disabled it shouldn't compact it. It even compacts when I don't have the tabs on the title bar.
- Most likely, the problem is caused by a Mozilla Firefox extension. However, we'll consider adding an option for the gradual compact mode. Could you try to disable your Firefox extensions one by one and specify which extension causes the problem?

The second is when I click the Move To button I often get a window showing the window layout for me to choose where to send the window. I only have 2 displays. I don't need that extra click. It serves no purpose for me. I can't see any options to disable it.
- Most likely, you are writing about this feature (implemented since 8.2 version) - in addition to a right click on extra title buttons, now you can hold the left mouse button on them for some time to invoke their extended abilities (like context menus or special dialogs).

Rocco

Posted: 08/30/2015 22:27:09

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had to get the lamp in my projector replaced before I could test the "Move to Monitor" option again.

- Most likely, the problem is caused by a Mozilla Firefox extension. However, we'll consider adding an option for the gradual compact mode. Could you try to disable your Firefox extensions one by one and specify which extension causes the problem?
But I had it in safe mode. Doesn't that disable all the addons? I've attached a video to clearly illustrate what I'm taking about. Unzip it to play it. This is in Firefox Safe Mode.

Edit: I'm not sure this file is loading properly. Are there any file type or size restrictions?

Edit 2: Try this video link.
View My Video

- Most likely, you are writing about this feature (implemented since 8.2 version) - in addition to a right click on extra title buttons, now you can hold the left mouse button on them for some time to invoke their extended abilities (like context menus or special dialogs).
You are right. If I make sure to click quickly it works correctly but if I do it just a bit too long then it pops up the selection. Probably my mouse click speed is set too quickly.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/31/2015 15:35:06

Rocco,

This is our new feature called "Automatic gradual Compact View" (added in the 8.4 version).

Here is its description from "What's New":

Automatic gradual Compact View is added for extra title bar buttons:
now the buttons are getting hidden/shown 1-by-1 if there is not enough (or enough again) place in the title bar to show the full list of enabled extra buttons. When some buttons get hidden, the special Compact View button automatically appears on the left of remained buttons: click on this button will display the currently hidden buttons.

Rocco

Posted: 08/31/2015 19:00:48

Thanks. It looks like if I adjust the positioning of the title buttons a bit and limit it to my 2 most used buttons, I can make it fit so that they don't get pushed off. It would be nice if there was a way to push the tabs over to make room for the buttons instead.

Anyway, I no longer have the problem as I since started using an addon to put the tabs on the side of the display. Thanks for your help.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register