Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mumble won't play nice with Desktop Dividers/Layout » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2464

fxu

Posted: 07/22/2015 04:15:46

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.4
Windows 7 64bit
Mumble 1.2.10

I have both of my monitors configured with a certain layout for optimal window viewing when gaming/streaming.

User added an image

When I grab and drag a window from the titlebar, the red grid shows to snap it to a certain tile. When I try it with Mumble, nothing shows. Another thing is that the Title Buttons (Put into Divider tile) isn't showing.

User added an image

User added an image

Anybody know how I can fix this? Manually resizing will always work, but I got this nifty program for a reason :)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2015 19:01:55

fxu, thank you for your request.

Please try to use the Windows Monitoring Log window to check what settings (if any) are applied to a Mumble window. It looks like Mumble is running under another user account or in some kind of sandbox; Actual Multiple Monitors can't handle windows in such cases.

fxu

Posted: 07/25/2015 12:00:31

Hi Alex, thanks for answering.

I downloaded Actual Window Manager and enabled the logging (Options > General > Enable logging). I opened the Show Log window, opened Mumble and nothing. Opened Notepad and it displayed notepad opening. Tried other programs, everything showed.

I have a video if you'd like to see it me launching mumble, and notepad while the window log is open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C529xgwdWUo&feature=youtu.be

I've tried reinstalling mumble and nothing. All the group settings for it seem to fall in line with the other programs. I only have one user account not counting administrator.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/05/2015 00:05:14

fxu,

You could try to reinstall Actual Window Manager with the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option enabled during the installation process and check whether it helps or not.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register