Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.4 causes 2-3 second delay launching Chrome » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2386

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 06/07/2015 04:40:12

AWM 8.4 causes a 2-3 second slowdown upon lauching Chrome (latest; 43.0.2357.81) on a modern system.

I am already excluding many windows. The only ones that is not excluded is the main Chrome window, which is required to be accessible for any AWM functionality:

Class: Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Title: Untitled - Google Chrome

The other 5 windows created by Chrome are excluded. Stopping AWM removes the delay. All title bar buttons are disabled.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/10/2015 11:19:45

Hello aph,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit), hardware configuration, send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and specify how long Google Chrome launches without Actual Window Manager loaded.

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 06/29/2015 08:09:50

It opens instantly without AWM running. With AWM it still opens instantly but the first tab does not initialize and it appears frozen. I am on 8.1 64-bit.

I checked today and the bug still exists with the latest version of Chrome stable as of this post. The following exclusion fixes the problem and allows AWM to continue working properly on Google chrome:

Class: Chrome_WidgetWin_1
    Caption: Untitled - Google Chrome
    Program: \chrome.exe

Google Chrome is not yet launched when the caption begins with "Untitled", so AWM hooking into it at this point is not needed. It can hook when the caption changes immediately after launch and all features continue to work as expected without the several-second launch delay.

The full configuration consists of: Windows 8.1 Enterprise N 64-bit, i7-4790K, 32 GB ram, 2 x EVGA 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 in Surround mode, 3 x Dell 2408WFP running at 5760x1200. My configuration files are not usually available due to the industry I work in (security research.) However if you check my post history you will see that all my previous bug reports have been confirmed and fixed in previous versions of AWM. If you are unable to reproduce and need the files I can export and submit for audit before sending.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/29/2015 17:28:49

aph,

I was unable to reproduce the problem with factory settings in Actual Window Manager. Please provide us your configuration files and specify how many tabs you have opened in Google Chrome on startup (or you adjusted a home page).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register