Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Super optimistic but need some help with WoW please! » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2490

Kevin Lepp

Posted: 05/04/2015 03:07:46

Hey guys,

where has this been ALL MY LIFE!  Sigh, ive looked and looked.. and wrote many-a-brash post on the nvidia and amd forums regarding the fact that I have a 10,000 dollar pc and am forced to raid on minimum settings due to SLI not being functional in windowed.

Of course I run windowed because as a raid leader I needed access to my other monitor for a gazillion things.

I think/thought this was the fix for all my woes so i scooped it up right away!

After minimal toying, i enabled startup type "ignore deactivation" for world of warcraft.  I started the game in full screen and for the first time in ages was able to crank the graphics up to max.  Quite Jarring tbh @ 4680x2560 going from lowest to highest after playing on lowest since the launch of WoD lol.

Anyhow, back on topic.

The mouse was immediately able to free roam over to my accessory display which had me doing a happy dance............... until......... i clicked.   POOF there goes wow.  Everything black and flickered, the dreaded 3 second pause etc etc.

Yea no good >.<

Not sure if its an inherant issue with this release or if im missing a setting or...

I'm really hoping I can accomplish what im hoping too, if so i'll be literally plugging this software everywhere I go - likely for the next few years LOL.

Anyhow, thanks for reading/the help (i hope)

Kevin Lepp

Posted: 05/04/2015 04:22:00

may be worth mentioning that I also have the "cursor moves to center of the screen and doesnt disappear" bug others talk about.

and that im running on a 4 monitor system.   3 monitors are set up as NVSurround and the system sees them as 1 display.  the 4th monitor is off to the side as an accessory display.  Its when moving to this accessory display and clicking anything that WoW minimizes anyhow :(

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/05/2015 15:20:15

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit), our product (name, version) and your WoW client version.
Could you also temporary disable NV Surround and check whether you are able to reproduce the problem or not?

Kevin Lepp

Posted: 06/14/2015 06:38:51

Hi Vasiliy,
   We spoke in length via email if you recall.   Just curious if any progress has been made on the issue or if a fix is expected soon? Eager to have access to such an amazing tool.

Thank you!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/15/2015 13:05:37

Hello Kevin,

Unfortunately, the problem hasn't been fixed yet and I can't tell you when it will be done at the moment. We'll inform you if/when the problem will be fixed.

Best regards.

Kevin Lepp

Posted: 06/20/2015 23:32:22

thank you for the reply.  the "if" isnt very soothing considering its "actual multiple monitors" and this is a problem present on one of the most mainstream multi monitor configs their are :(

To be fair, it could have just been the wording on your part - i'd like to think plans to fix it are in place but are in a list with 100s of others so your just unsure at what point it will be taken care of and dont want to lead anyone on.

Anyways, let me ask you this.  is the problem with wow itself or with all games in surround?  I only play wow currently and as such having it fixed is extremely important to me, however if it doesnt get fixed and im forced to move to another game.. i dont want to be potentially faced with the same issue.

I have a computer i spent a dramatic amount of money to build and without your software im basically stuck using 1 of my 4 gpus which is very very non ideal :P

Anyhow, your support has been top notch as is your software so thank you and i look forward to the future!  Please let me know if other games (namely mmorpgs) are working properly with ignore deactivation and nvsurround (ie: wildstar & ffxiv & shroud of the avatar)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/22/2015 13:06:03

Kevin,

Unfortunately, the issue has not been investigated by our developers team yet. There are more important tasks at the moment. So I can't tell you if this the problem with WoW itself or with all games in surround.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Kevin Lepp

Posted: 07/26/2015 05:22:08

Hey vasiliy..  Just an update.  It isnt just wow.   This doesnt work with FFXIV either.  

VERY disappointing.  DisplayFusion does work fine so its not an inherant or unsolvable issue.  Normally that would be that and I would use DF.  However I much prefer your software to theirs so I'd really rather it worked here :P

Still patiently waiting :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register