Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «8.3 Ignore Deactivation causing issues » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2549

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 04/25/2015 11:05:02

Upgraded to v8.3 of AWM last night and have had random issues with IgnoreDeactivation since.  The start bar goes away, delays, then loads the game, then the star bar comes back eventually.  It "works", but I'm getting random driver crashes now.  The only difference on my system in the last month is upgrading AWM to v8.3.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/26/2015 10:36:39

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and games you are able to reproduce the problem with.
Could you also provide a step by step description of how to reproduce the problems you specified?

Are you able to downgrade to the previous version of AWM and check whether you are able to reproduce the problem or not to confirm that the update is a culprit or these problems?

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 04/29/2015 01:21:23

Ok, did some more testing.  I think I figured out what the IgnoreDeactivation issue was.  The game was starting at a different refresh than the desktop.  I was able to reproduce this in several games after the fact.  My guess is the additional loading delay was in regards to that.  Once I fixed the refresh rate the problem went away.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/29/2015 12:49:02

Chris,

Are you sure that the problem is reproducible with the Ignore Deactivation option enabled only?
Could you provide some examples of games you were able to reproduce the problem with and specify which refresh rate were set in games and in the desktop?
Maybe this information will be useful for our customers.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 04/30/2015 21:20:27

Tried last night with and without Ignore Deactivation

Ignore Deactivation definitely added a longer loading delay than without, BUT there was a slight delay even without using IgnoreDeactivation because of the the refresh change (60Hz game, vs 120Hz desktop).

Once I reconfigured the game(s) for 120Hz, all delays, with and without IgnoreDeactivation went away, and I also stopped having video driver kernel lockups.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register