New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[SOLVED] Force new taskbar and fake mouse tunnels? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6550

Kiwi

Posted: 04/15/2015 13:16:56

When you push the mouse over the edge of Monitor 1 at certain locations it moves to Monitor [next] and vice-versa. I'm not sure what this ability is called so have called them Mouse Tunnels, sorry for any confussion.

Windows 64bit 8.1, AWM 8.2.2, Start Menu Reviver.

My current setup and my problem
Windows 8.1 is setup currently like the following:
User added an image

Mouse Tunnels
From Monitor 1, Lower Left to Monitor 2, Bottom to Monitor 3.
From Monitor 2, Top Right to Monitor 1, Bottom Right to Monitor 3.
From Monitor 3, Top to Monitor 1, Top Left to Monitor 2.

Problem
Monitor 3 isn't allowed to have a Taskbar on it when under Monitor 1 within Windows Properties, further, Start Menu Reviver isn't able to generate their logo for the Taskbar on Monitor 1 (Because of these two problems I know its a Windows problem/limitation and not generated by AWM, but still).  This is not acceptable! While I guess the layout of the configuring is how the monitors are likely meant to represent how the monitors are setup on the desk this isn't true for my situation and having Monitor 3 not having a Taskbar isn't something that is simply not good enough. So is there a way AWM is able to force a Taskbar to be displayed?

Or purhaps a solution for the following question can help solve this problem as well?

Fake Mouse Tunnels
Limitations on how I can move the mouse to different screens is playing havoic on how I want my PC to function. Is there a way to make this sort of thing possible.

From Monitor 1, Left or Right to Monitor 2, Down to Monitor 3.
From Monitor 2, Left or Right to Monitor 1, Down to Monitor 3.
From Monitor 3, Left or Right to Monitor 1, Up to Monitor 1.

EDIT: The original "Monitor 3 isn't allowed to have a Taskbar on it when under Monitor 1..." problem has been finally solved.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/16/2015 12:51:54

Hello Kiwi,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, Actual Window Manager doesn't have the Mouse Tunnels feature. However, you could test the "Wrap the desktop" feature (Actual Window Manager -> Mouse -> Multiple Monitors -> Wrap the desktop). Maybe it fits your needs.

Monitor 3 isn't allowed to have a Taskbar on it when under Monitor 1 within Windows Properties
- Where did you adjust this? Did you try the "Unhide taskbars" button (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar -> Unhide taskbars)?

Start Menu Reviver isn't able to generate their logo for the Taskbar on Monitor 1
- Unfortunately, Actual Window Manager isn't compatible with Start Menu Reviver. We'll investigate the issue and inform you about our results.

Best regards.

Kiwi

Posted: 04/16/2015 13:59:55

- Where did you adjust this? Did you try the "Unhide taskbars" button (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar -> Unhide taskbars)?

I first believed; even during typing this reply, that it was a Windows limitation. With using the hide taskbar feature from AWM (it was AWM's menu that opened up to hide it) the Taskbar for Monitor 1 (being primary) starts to render correctly.

Using the Unhide taskbars button indicated above, reverts this change.

In all situations, Monitor 3 never has a taskbar. When Monitor 3 is below Monitor 1.

If I change Monitor 3 to be above Monitor 1, there is no problems with taskbar rendering.

When you minimise a window to the taskbar on Moniitor 3, it does the transistions effect on to the top of the screen as if its sending it to Monitor 1, however it simply disappears and you have to use Alt-Tab to recall that screen.

Moving Monitor 3 to the right side of Monitor 1 allows the monitor to regain the Taskbar.

As an FYI, I have never had a problem with Start Menu Reviver & AWM, till this monitor placement and mouse travel became something I wanted to try and fix. When Monitor 3 is below 1, SMR isn't able to work, Monitor 1 has a standard windows icon thou SMR still works on Monitor 1 with the Windows Key being used.

When Monitor 3 is placed to the right of 1, everything works as required.

Unfortunately, Actual Window Manager doesn't have the Mouse Tunnels feature. However, you could test the "Wrap the desktop" feature (Actual Window Manager -> Mouse -> Multiple Monitors -> Wrap the desktop). Maybe it fits your needs.
I always knew I wasnt using AWM to its fillist lets try to learn a new skill.

Thanks for the tips.

Kiwi

Posted: 04/16/2015 14:05:05

I always knew I wasnt using AWM to its fillist lets try to learn a new skill.

This seems to work, with only a small problem that Monitor 2 cannot access Monitor 3 without first moving to 1. But this works better than the limited tunnel that I had to work with without that feature.

Thanks Actual Windows Manager you have done it again!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/16/2015 17:02:21

Please do the following test:
1. Change Monitor 3 to be above Monitor 1 (so the multi-monitor taskbar appears on Monitor 3);
2. Change the multi-monitor taskbar's position (bottom, left, right or top);
3. Change Monitor 3 to be below Monitor 1 again;
4. Check whether the multi-monitor taskbar disappears on Monitor 3 or not.

Do you have the Autohide option enabled in the multi-monitor taskbar on Monitor 3?

Best regards.

Kiwi

Posted: 04/18/2015 06:42:04

I changed monitor 3 to be Above 1, put the taskbar on the right side of the screen - no results when moved back to below 1 (read: Monitor 3's taskbar replaces Monitor 1's).

Same with having the taskbar on the top side. Once Monitor 3 is above Monitor 1, Monitor 3's taskbar overrides Monitor 1 (primary) taskbar and monitor 3 is left with no taskbar.

Unhiding does nothing in these situations.

Kiwi

Posted: 04/18/2015 07:22:54

Correction, I just noticed that the taskbar isn't replaced, both are on Monitor 1.

That is Monitor 1's taskbar is auto-hide, Monitor 3's taskbar is always show and on Monitor 1.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/18/2015 19:50:14

Kiwi,

Please try to drag the multi-monitor taskbar from Monitor 1 to Monitor 3. The "Lock the Taskbar" option should be disabled (in the multi-monitor taskbar right click menu).

Best regards.

Kiwi

Posted: 04/19/2015 11:22:57

I can drag Monitor 1's taskbar to monitor 3, but not monitor 3's to monitor 3 (if that makes sense). Which means when the windows key is pressed its on monitor 3.

Lovely little quirks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/20/2015 10:35:16

Kiwi,

Which means when the windows key is pressed its on monitor 3.
- Please clarify this. Where is your mouse cursor located when you are pressing the win key? How are you differing Monitor's 1 and Monitor's 3 taskbars?

If you could make a video of the problem, where you are trying to move the multi-monitor taskbar to Monitor 3 and press the win key, and send us (support@actualtools.com) the video, it would be great.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register