Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.2.2 - Issues on restore from Hibernate/Sleep , Task bar invisible, vb run-time apps doubled windows and others » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5665

Eric Walker

Posted: 04/01/2015 20:00:04

I've recently been putting my laptop to sleep/hibernate when I know I'll be needing to come back to my work in the near future and have noticed a few issues when I try to resume.  When I get back to the desktop after logging in, the AWM taskbar is invisible (the start button still shows and works, as well as mouse-over tool-tips for the notification area.)

The vb run-time issue I'm not so worried about as it's likely that has nothing to do with AWM (I've seen similar behavior in the past before I used AWM.)  The task bar/notification area issue though is a definite annoyance.  To resolve the issue I have to Unload/Load AWM from the Configuration\Tools\Control Center.

I'm running AWM 8.2.2 on Win7 Pro 64bit.

Steps to reproduce:
Run AWM
Place PC in sleep/hibernate
Resume

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/02/2015 13:36:10

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the post.

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support).
Are you able to reproduce the problem with all Sleep, Hibernate and Hybrid mode?
How long should your system be in sleep mode so you could reproduce the problem (1 min, 10 mins etc.)?

Best regards.

Eric Walker

Posted: 04/02/2015 20:15:46

Would love to send configuration files, but both my employer and google apparently don't like .zip files with .lnk files in them. Please let me know where I can put it that you can access it. (I have dropbox, Gdrive etc. accounts or if you have ftp or somewhere similar I could upload to, I'm willing to do so)

I'm only on 7, so no hybrid mode and it doesn't seem to matter whether it's sleep or hibernate that I've noticed (originally I noticed it when it would sleep on it's own when my laptop was undocked, so only 1 monitor anyhow.  I switched to manually Hibernating thinking it might provide different results.)

As to how long, I haven't noticed any dependence on time.  Whether I sleep/hibernate and immediately resume or don't resume until the next day it seems to happen every time I resume.

Thanks,
Eric

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/03/2015 13:25:29

Eric,

You could send us (support@actualtools.com) a dropbox download link and attach the post url to the message.

Best regards.

Eric Walker

Posted: 04/09/2015 19:43:33

Vasiliy,

I've posted the configuration files to my dropbox and send a link to support@actualtools.com.  However, I got an admin email a short while later:

A message sent to you from outside your company has been quarantined by your email security service.
Mail Administrators have not been notified. The originator of this message has not been notified.
If you require further information, you may contact your Mail Administrator.
Message Details
Sender: support@actualtools.com

Subject: RE: Configuration Files
Message ID: 003201d07277$b4153db0$1c3fb910$@actualtools.com

Not sure what that's in regard to, and unfortunately, I can't even see the quarantined email.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Eric

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/10/2015 11:42:58

Eric,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Here is what I replied you yesterday:
What if you right click the Start button after the problem appeared? Or right click a place where tray icons should be? Are you getting any menus?
Does control center Stop/Start (not Unload/Load) solve the problem?
You could also install our current 8.3 beta 3 version (download link - http://www.actualtools.com/files/aim83b3.exe ) and check whether the problem persists or not.

Best regards.

Eric Walker

Posted: 04/16/2015 20:11:51

Vasiliy,

The start menu button does respond to both left and right clicks, as well as the tray icons.  If I hover where they should appear, I get the tooltips and if I right click, they respond and show their popup menus.

I currently resolve the issue by unload/reload from the control center.

I had tried the 8.3 beta and the behavior persisted.  I'm guessing it's something unique to my setup that is causing the issue.

I've now moved to the 8.3 stable release and will update this thread with any changes.

Thanks,
Eric

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register