Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «No AWM 8.2.2 support for Ammyy Admin 3.5 , Can't see titlebuttons or menu options » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5140

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 03/20/2015 23:32:49

Hi - I'm using Ammyy Admin 3.5 (http://www.ammyy.com/en/downloads.html) for remote control, and it doesn't appear to like AWM - I get no title buttons, no AWM functionality at all. It behaves just like AWM isn't running. I don't think I've got any rules or exclusions for it (I did just send my config files to support re the other thread about taskbar minimise / restore, in case you need it).

Did I miss something about Ammyy?

Tx,

Dave.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/23/2015 18:13:30

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the post.

What OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) are you running on both (local and remote) machines?
Which computers is Actual Window Manager loaded on?
Do AWM's hotkeys work?

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 08/07/2015 15:54:15

Wow - must have missed a notification here, as I hadn't seen your req for info :).

I just updated to AWM 8.5b1 on both machines, both are running Win8.1 64bit. I don't see titlebuttons on the AWM console or remote screen window on either side.

And no, hotkeys don't do anything - although, I guess there's a bit of potential for confusion here too - e.g. should Win+5 move the AWM window to the center of the screen on the local machine, or should the active window move to the center of the screen on the remote machine. But anyway, at the moment, neither happens.

Tx.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2015 17:03:58

David,

Ammyy Admin's process is running under the "System" user account. Actual Window Manager has to be ran under the same user account to operate with Ammyy Admin's windows.

You could run AWM under the "System" user account using the following steps:
1. download pstools from https://download.sysinternals.com/files/PSTools.zip ;
2. extract all files to the "C:/PSTools/" directory;
3. invoke the "Run" window (Win+R) and paste the following string - c:\pstools\psexec -i -d -s cmd (it will run cmd.exe under the "System" user account);
4. run the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager\ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe" file using the cmd.exe window that will appear.

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 08/24/2015 22:47:22

Thanks for the explanation. The workaround seems OK, but will that mean that other non-System process will suffer the same problem then? Or does System allow access to all other processes? I'm just wondering if fixing Ammyy will break something else...

Thanks,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/27/2015 16:52:01

David,

Other non-System processes will not be affected by Actual Window Manager if it has been ran under the "System" user account. However, you are able to run ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe twice (under the "System" user account and using your standard way).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register