Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Hidden taskbar can't be unhidden » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2568

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/05/2015 02:29:38

Sometimes the auto-hidden AWM taskbar can't be unhidden when mousing over it. I have to press the window-key to make it pop up on top. However, once I click back into the program window (i.e., the taskbar is no longer the top-most window), I again can't unhide it with the mouse.

At first, it seemed to do with window maximization, when a window is moved from one monitor to a smaller monitor while maximized via keyboard shortcut WinKey-shift-arrow. However, this doesn't seem to be the case. It has something to do with Cyberfox, as it doesn't happen with other windows:

When I maximize a Cyberfox window, I see the minimized taskbar for 2 seconds, then it completely disappears behind the Cyberfox window. And this only happens on non-primary monitors, so it seems it has something to do with AWM's multi-window taskbars vs. Windows taskbar. Maybe AWM's taskbar override hooks aren't able to pull AWM's secondary-monitor taskbar on top of Cyberfox's window.

I believe this also has to do with why Cyberfox windows can't be manipulated by AWM. For example, the send-to-bottom shortcut doesn't work. There are other programs that had this same issue, but I can't remember which off the top of my head right now.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/11/2015 21:21:34

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the post.

Are you writing about a maximized window of Cyberfox or about its full-screen mode?
Could you provide us screenshots of Multi-monitor (right click on an taskbar empty place) and Windows taskbar settings?
Could you also specify your version of Cyberfox?

Best regards.

Steph kaleed
Advanced user

Posted: 05/08/2015 06:29:14

Yes, a maximized Cyberfox window. However, the release notes show that it appears to have been fixed. Thanks!

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/13/2015 11:53:37

Steph,

Could you confirm that the problem can't be reproducible with the current 8.4 beta 1 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - http://www.actualtools.com/files/aim84b1.exe )?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register