New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 51 - 53 of 53
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 8.2.2 taskbar buttons not minimising / restoring windows , Strange z-order and maximise / minimise behaviour » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 33897

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 05/15/2015 22:54:31

I'm using Classic Start Menu to find the executable (GoogleChromePortable.exe), right-clicking on it in the menu, and choosing 'Pin to taskbar'.

I've also tried the same thing from FreeCommander XE, and plain Windows Explorer, all with the same result.

And yes, when I install AWM, I always have "Support system utilities and administrative tools" ticked.

Tx,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/19/2015 12:04:21

David,

Unfortunately, both pinning methods you described are not available in multi-monitor taskbars. An application can be pinned to the native taskbar only using these methods.

You are able to pin an application using these methods:
1. Drag an .exe (or shortcut) to a multi-monitor taskbar;
2. Run an application, then right click on it's taskbar icon icon and choose the "Pin this program to the taskbar" item.

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 05/20/2015 15:50:29

Very weird - I was convinced that's how I'd done it with other apps. But, I guess not. Unfortunately, pinning via the running taskbar icon doesn't work well for portable apps, as that's not usually the app that needs launching (i.e. not the PA launcher). But dragging the PA launcher .exe works fine - thanks.

I'll continue to monitor the other issue, and when I get chance, switch browser for a while. Synergy just released another update, so I'll see if that makes any difference too.

Messages 51 - 53 of 53
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register