Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 8.1 double start button » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2015

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 02/19/2015 06:48:49

In Windows 8.1, there are "two" start buttons when AWM is running -- it just depends how deep into the bottom left corner you move your mouse cursor. I believe this has to do with the Windows 8 popup bar/ribbon that appears when mousing to corners.

This is inconvenient because sometimes the full-menu pops up (when clicking the green button), and other times the AWM menu comes up (when clicking the white button). Sometimes I have to try a couple times until I can get the mouse lined up on the white button so I don't get a full-screen start menu (who was the Microsoft idiot who thought that was a good idea?).

Is it possible for AWM to disable this feature? Or perhaps even better, could AWM use that ability for its own? Perhaps custom macro/action/program shortcuts depending on the mouse corners (and/or hotkeys held)?

PS - I might as well add this here, as it's related -- sometimes the start menu doesn't disappear when accessing it via the keyboard win-key button. It requires actually clicking on something in the start menu to make it go away. I've become accustomed to clicking on a random "Documents" folder in the start menu when it pops up to make it disappear, as I'd rather not have another program open.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2015 11:46:09

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the post.

Both problems has been confirmed. We'll try to fix them and inform you about our results.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register