Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Hotkeys , Configuration of Hotkeys acting weird » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2215

ron

Posted: 02/19/2015 01:34:02

Using 7.5.1.  The UI for working with hotkeys is acting strange.  Initially the category buttons were disabled - this seems to work consistently now.

So many hotkeys are pre-checked, enabled.  If I "UNcheck" one, I'm warned that it's already used by the system or other applications.  

If I check one that's initially disabled, it's OK, but unchecking it gives the warning again.

From reading the help, it seems some hotkeys are supposed to have 'properties' but the only thing that is displayed for all the hotkeys is the Key Combination.

If I add another hotkey, resize for example, then I'm offered Action Options settings for the window size.

I've never made much use of hotkeys, in fact they were disabled until today.  Maybe I need to remove/reset them in order to get the UI to work properly.  Is there a way to do that without having to do each one?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/19/2015 11:02:32

Hello Ron,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify our product (name) and clarify what exactly "category buttons" you are writing about.

Best regards.

ron

Posted: 02/20/2015 06:38:15

AWM.

Your help file refers to what I labeled "category buttons" as the Filters Toolbar.  That part seems to work as expected now, the rest of what I described is still a problem though.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2015 12:46:02

Ron,

Could you specify your OS (version, bitness), send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and provide an example (specify unchecking of which hotkeys cause the warning appearing) of the issue?

From reading the help, it seems some hotkeys are supposed to have 'properties' but the only thing that is displayed for all the hotkeys is the Key Combination.
Custom hotkeys (such as align, resize etc.) have actions options only. Custom hotkeys can be added using the green plus button of the Hotkeys settings pane (Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions).

Best regards.

ron

Posted: 02/22/2015 08:27:06

I've sent an email with the info and a video that shows the behavior.  

Any hotkeys exhibit the behavior - pre-existing or custom ones.

----

P.S.  Must be something wacky with my config files.  On Windows 10 I don't see the behavior.  Maybe backup, uninstall, reinstall, restore?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/24/2015 14:30:21

Ron,

Could you install our current beta version (download link - http://www.actualtools.com/files/aim83b2.exe ) in a separate folder on your computer where the problem exists and check whether you are able to reproduce the problem with the beta version or not?

Do these hotkeys continue to work after disabling?

Are you able to reproduce the problem with Actual Window Manager loaded (started)?

Do these wrong messages persist if you re-open the Configuration window of Actual Window Manager?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register