Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Physical position of monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1850

kvelde

Posted: 02/10/2015 05:56:20

Hi.
I have Actual Window Manager 8.2.2
I've had a problem with this program since I upgraded to version 8 and have looked on this forum several times for solutions and never found answers so I have lived with it for several months.

When I drag the monitors under "Monitors Layout and Settings"  to where I want them they will stay as I want them as long as I don't reboot.  When I have to reboot they revert to an order that is opposite to what I want and I have to redo the process.  I want monitor 1 to be to the left of monitor 2 and it always comes up backwards.  

I know it is Actual Windows Manager because I have tried not letting Actual Window Manager run and the monitors remain where I want them because of the Windows 7 defaults.  If I let the program autostart then the monitors start where I want them and when the program starts the monitors blackout momentarily and then light up having changed positions.

I have tried pushing apply before pushing OK on the dialog box.  I have tried switching cables.  I have tried using the NVidia control panel.

As I remember I did not have this problem with version 7 but I have not reinstalled version 7 to test this.

My workaround has been to do just readjust after I have rebooted because I don't reboot that often but it's wearing kind of thin (smile).

Is there any additional information I can supply?

I'm sure it is something I haven't tried but for the life of me I cannot imagine what it could be.

Ken Vander Velde

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/10/2015 18:00:49

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the post.

Maybe the problem is caused by "Desktop Profiles" settings (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Profiles). Could you send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

kvelde

Posted: 02/13/2015 00:58:13

And that was it.(smile) That was a little boneheaded on my part. I had used desktop profiles in the past to facilitate using LogMeIn from a remote computer and completely forgot about it.

Thanks very much

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register