Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Force specific new window to focus » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1858

Justin Samsel

Posted: 02/01/2015 04:26:13

There's been a long-standing bug with Chrome where when you open a new window many times it does not automatically focus on that new window. I'm pretty sure it was not designed intentially that way, but even if it was I would like to be able to create a specific setting profile in AWM so that when a new Chrome window opens it is automatically in focus.

Is there a way to do that currently with AWM? If not, is that something that could be done in the near future?

PS there is a Chrome app that claims to fix this issue but I have not had consistent results with it. I figured if I can get this working in AWM that is one less extra program I will need to install on my computer.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/02/2015 23:00:56

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to reproduce the problem with Actual Window Manager unloaded?
If not, please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support), specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and versions of Actual Window Manager and Google Chrome.

Best regards.

Justin Samsel

Posted: 02/12/2015 03:24:39

My apologies for not responding to this. Yes I am able to reproduce it with AWM closed. It is totally a Chrome issue. I was just curious if there was any setting in AWM that I could use to remedy it.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/12/2015 10:00:42

Justin,

Unfortunately, there is no way to get what you need using Actual Window Manager at the moment. We'll consider this as a feature request and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register