Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «ISSUE: Google Chrome elements are being moved with AWM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2300

Jeff Vincent

Posted: 01/23/2015 01:34:36

When using Chrome and AWM 8.2.2, there are windows and pop-ups that occur in a web page that AWM moves outside of their normal context in the Chrome main window.

I have 3 screens, two 24" and the laptop screen.  

Screenshots are located at https://plus.google.com/photos/104557680948496021831/albums/6107235060452274561

Example 1:
Open Chrome tab
Type the letter "y" in the address bar.  Chrome pops up a window that normally should be directly below the address bar showing look-ahead hints.  
However with AWS running, that window is relocated to the top of my main screen (to the left of Chrome main window

Example 2:
Open Chrome Tab
Navigate to http://www.actualtools.com/forum/search.php
in the "Search Keywords" field type a letter that has previous search hints.
Note that the search hints pops up on my main screen (to the left of Chrome at top of screen) and not in the Chrome window below the field being searched.

Example 3:
Open Chrome Tab
Navigate to a Jenkins-CI build server web page
create a new job or go to a job configuration page
Change something but DO NOT SAVE
Click the "back" button in the browser
Note that the pop-up dialog confirming leaving/staying on page is moved.

I'm not sure why it moves these as they are embedded in the browser (I think).

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/27/2015 13:32:53

Good day Jeff,

Sadly,I wasn't able to reproduce any of these issues.Could you please go to Tools-Configurations-Send to Tech Support and fill in the form.
Also do you encounter this issue with our product turned off?

Have a nice day.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Frank Regester

Posted: 02/13/2015 05:31:03

I am having the same issue with AWM 8.2.2 and Chrome that Jeff is. I have two 23" HP LA2306x monitors using a NVIDIA NVS 310.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/13/2015 11:24:08

Hello Frank,

Most likely, you should go to the "Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Google Chrome -> Startup" tab and set the "Move to monitor" option = "Having mouse pointer".

If this will not solve the issue, please send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and provide an example of how to reproduce the issue.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register