Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Tile Buttons Chrome , Tile buttons are collapsed in chrome » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4386

Mark Costello

Posted: 01/09/2015 13:14:21

Hi Guys,

I am using Actual Multiple Monitors 8.2.2 on a Windows 8.1 PC. When I open Chrome the 'Move to Monitor 2' tile is collapsed so you need to press the expand button then the move button. I have attached a screen shot.

This only happens in Chrome, all other programs have the tile displayed beside the minimise button.

Does anyone know how to fix this so that is always displayed and not behind the collapse/expand button?

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/13/2015 15:54:53

Good day Mark,

Could you please specify the version of Chrome you use when encouter such problem.In addition,clarify please what do you mean under "collapse".
Also,could you please re-upload screenshot,but in jpg format.

Have a nice day!

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Mark Costello

Posted: 01/22/2015 09:09:09

Chrome version is Version 40.0.2214.91 m

I have attached a jpeg with 3x images

Image 1. Chrome - there is a small triangle collapse/expand button. It is collapsed in this image, the AMM button to move to monitor 2 is not visible.
Image 2. Chrome - when the collapse/expand button is expanded the AMM button to move to monitor 2 is visible. In this case it also overlaps the Chrome login name.
Image 3. Windows Explorer (and every other program on my PC) - no collapse/expand button, AMM button is always visible - this is what I want to achieve in Chrome.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/27/2015 11:20:32

Good day Mark,

The situation is now clear.To fix this,please go to Window Settings-Specific Rules.There is a default rule there named Google Chrome.There,in Title Buttons section, in Options,uncheck the "compact view" box.

Have a nice day!

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Mark Costello

Posted: 01/28/2015 06:09:16

That's great, thanks Alexander.

Chad Webb

Posted: 02/28/2015 07:44:36

Your "quote" button is not working on other's posts ... ins ert manually myself ...

The situation is now clear.To fix this,please go to Window Settings-Specific Rules.There is a default rule there named Google Chrome.There,in Title Buttons section, in Options, uncheck the "compact view" box.

Thank you for this "uncheck the "compact view" box"

Is there a help file on how to creating a "title button" like [1][2][3][4][_][sq][X]

[1] = monitor 2 top left window position at 640x480
[2] = monitor 2 bottom left window position at 640x480
[3] = monitor 2 top right window position at 640x480
[4] = monitor 2 bottom right window position at 640x480
[_] = minimize
etc

I am not talking about multi-windows fixed layout

say I want this window move and resize at [2]

also ... is there disable for stop moving my mouse after putting in to divider tile like the same way as move to monitor 2 that mouse did not moved ... I kept disappearing my mouse to somewhere like a transporter ... LOL

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/28/2015 09:28:15

Hello Chad,

Please specify our product (name, version) you are running.
Do you want the title buttons set be added to all windows or to specific one (if to specific window/application, please specify the application)?

also ... is there disable for stop moving my mouse after putting in to divider tile like the same way as move to monitor 2 that mouse did not moved ... I kept disappearing my mouse to somewhere like a transporter ... LOL
Could you provide us your configuration files (our product configuration window -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and a step by step description of how to reproduce the mouse cursor transporting?

Best regards.

Chad Webb

Posted: 02/28/2015 12:32:45

Please specify our product (name, version) you are running.
Before I was using this software I was and still using this software called Sizer
I am on a trail version and it's the best software of its kind so far ... planning to get it later on ... well ... since you replied alot faster than I thought ... I'll buy it but prefer to pay with paypal ... is that ok ?
Unregistered version and Actual Multiple Monitors 8.2.2

Do you want the title buttons set be added to all windows or to specific one (if to specific window/application, please specify the application)?
Basically using on windows 7, google chrome, vlc player, ... I dont mind have preset buttons every windows' titlebar ... I know I probably only use 6 - 8 buttons to layout the windows ... I love pandora window at monitor top left always (monitor 2 is at my left) and just got tired of move it over there or resize to get it in the right place ... thats how I asked myself "how or where is the button that allows me to click once on the button of the window to move to proper place and size kinda like sizer but yours is better because of plus/minus or the pixel/percent but I have not master that yet ... that will be cool ... one click ... less than a second ... done ... I like that.

Could you provide us your configuration files (our product configuration window -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and a step by step description of how to reproduce the mouse cursor transporting?

Sure, I am pretty sure it is not a glitch but it ... umm ... when my mouse clicked on "Put into Divider tile" title button ... my mouse moved itself to STAY with the same button after window moved to tile ... I was kinda expecting my mouse stay where my mouse is at now/after clicked ... not following the "moved into tile" window's button ... after I fiddling it around ... i think I understand why it moved, followed and stayed with it ... it seems design to click few times without moving the mouse until the window is in its place

See image attachment ...CaptureEmail.JPG ... I have the config zip file now ... whose email do I send to ? (doesn't matter in here or PM)

I have lots to learn how to use this software ... now I am on Actual Multiple Monitors 201 (like in college class) ... LOL :) (by reading & searching the help file and in support forum)

Thanks.

(additional)
Whoa ... I did not know that you have a bundle into one software ... I just looked at other software you have after this ... and wonder if you know the TitleButton, TransparentWindow, WindowMinimizer etc demo video or whatever that is ... it's not working or playing ... only one is working is the Mutliple Monitor demo

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/02/2015 11:41:04

Chad,

I'd recommend you to download Actual Window Manager ( download link - http://www.actualtools.com/files/aimsetup.exe ) in the situation you described and test it on your own - it has a 60-day free of charge evaluation period with all functions available so that you will be able to see whether it fits your needs well or not.

Actual Multiple Monitors doesn't provide the functionality you need.

Using Actual Window Manager you are able to get what you need in various ways. The most comfortable is to create pre-defined Specific Settings (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings) for applications/windows you need and adjust their sizes and positions on their opening. So all moving and resizing will be automatically.
If you want to use title buttons instead, you are able to go to the "Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Default Settings -> Title Buttons" tab and add Combo title buttons (the Green Plus button -> Combo), each of which will contain some Actions (Align, Resize, Move to Monitor etc.).

See image attachment ...CaptureEmail.JPG ... I have the config zip file now ... whose email do I send to ? (doesn't matter in here or PM)
There is no longer need to do this. You are able to send it to support@actualtools.com next time.

Sure, I am pretty sure it is not a glitch but it ... umm ... when my mouse clicked on "Put into Divider tile" title button ... my mouse moved itself to STAY with the same button after window moved to tile ... I was kinda expecting my mouse stay where my mouse is at now/after clicked ... not following the "moved into tile" window's button ... after I fiddling it around ... i think I understand why it moved, followed and stayed with it ... it seems design to click few times without moving the mouse until the window is in its place
Unfortunately, there is no an option to disable this behavior. Could you please explain why do you need to disable this?

Best regards.

Chad Webb

Posted: 03/02/2015 13:10:07

Thank you and all is good ... I will download the manager one.

Thanks again.

p.s. You have been a great help :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register