Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Black Screen on Secondary Monitor , Bug caused be Windows 7 Update » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2638

Alan Gray

Posted: 12/13/2014 20:19:01

There seems to be some kind of a conflict between Actual Multiple Monitors and the latest set of Windows 7 updates.

I have to run a system restore back to around the 9th December to remove this odd black screen bug.

I'm fairly certain the issue will return again though once Windows updates again.

Can someone try and take a look at this please?

Thanks

Alan Gray

Posted: 12/17/2014 01:34:42

I have found a work around for this bug but I have to use this method whenever I shut my pc down for any long period of time. If I just restart my PC the bug doesn't return.

So By going to: Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display

If I then change Multiple displays option from - 'Extend these displays' to 'duplicate these displays' - Then press apply, it forces my secondary screen to refresh.

It then prompts you to keep the changes or revert. I can select revert and the display stays as normal.

I'm now not entirely convinced it is a software issue, it might be that my monitor is getting old and is just doing random things to make my life extra difficult (like old people generally do)

My secondary Monitor is ACER AL1916W...

If anyone else has a similar issue can you let me know please?

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/18/2014 19:53:56

Hello Alan,

Thanks for the post.

Could you specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit), version of Actual Multiple Monitors and send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Could you also check whether the problem persists with Actual Multiple Monitors unloaded and with the AMM's "Load at startup" option (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Options -> General -> Load at startup) disabled?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register