New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Strange problem with mirroring » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8785

Lubos Kuzma

Posted: 11/28/2014 11:04:41

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I just started testing out the AMM 8.2.2 trial.

I need it for single specific purpose, which is this:

I have 3 monitors plus 70" TV screen connected to 2 different graphics cards.
I use specific software for video editing and during editing session I need to mirror my full screen of Main monitor to 70" TV (for technical reason, both are connected to the same GPU).

Because I needed to have two different colour calibration profiles, I could not use simple mirroring feature of Windows 7. That's where AMM comes in handy.
Now everything works great, I can work in editing software and the Main monitor get's mirrored perfectly to TV, until I want to preview my footage in full screen (i.e. the video plays full-screen sans software GUI) the mirrored image on TV gets frozen. As soon as the video goes to normal mode (the application is still in full-screen mode, but instead of the video covering the whole screen, there is an application GUI visible as well), the mirrored image is not frozen anymore.

Do you know why this could be?

I've tried changing different configurations of AMM, I've tried to mirror it onto different monitor, connected to second GPU, all to no different results.

Thanks for any advice,

LK

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/28/2014 16:04:25

Hello Lubos,

Thanks for the feedback.

What exactly editing software are you writing about (name, version, download link would be great)?
How to run the full-screen mode using the software to reproduce the problem?

Are you able to reproduce the problem with other full-screen applications?
Are you running Windows 7 32 or 64-bit?

Best regards.

Lubos Kuzma

Posted: 11/29/2014 10:43:07

Hello Vasiliy,

First of all, thanks for the quick response. I will try to quickly describe step-by-step how to reproduce the problem.

I run Windows 7 64-bit

The software is actually video colour grading / video editing software called DaVinci Resolve 11 made by Blackmagic Design. I am running the Lite (free) version stable (not beta).

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/products/davinciresolve

Once you install it and run it it will ask you to sign in, you can either create new profile or sign in as Admin (problem is in either).
I don't remember if it asks you during installation/first run, where to find some videos, you just have to point to the folder where you have ANY videos.
Create the new project by clicking "Untitled Project" Window. This will take you to the main screen.

On the bottom you will see 4 tabs - Media, Edit, Color, Deliver

First you should be in Media tab and on the left-top (in the Library) you should see the folder you sel ected earlier, that has some videos in it.
Once you click on that folder you should see the list of videos, just drag one down to the "Master" area.
After this you can change to EDIT tab.

In Edit Tab press CTRL+N and then Enter. This will create new Timeline.
In top-left corner click on "Media Pool" tab (instead of "Timelines") and drag your video down to Timeline (Bottom-Right Area). It will opulate with a strip of pictures fr om your video.

Move onto "Color" tab (Bottom-Centre). This is where Colour Grading magic for movies happens.
You should automatically have "Color Wheels" tab open (4 big circles with colours on them). Move the centres of these circles around to change the colors of your video.
Now you're set to reproduce the problem.

Once you have changed the colours of video you can use some short-cuts:

ALT+F - picture gets bigger
SHIFT+F - picture gets even bigger
CTRL+F - picture goes full-screen
CTRL+D - any colour adjustments you've done turn off temporarily (CTRL+D turns them on and off so you can compare your results with original)
SPACE - plays the video

So assuming you've done colour adjustments and you're mirroring your monitor to another monitor. If I play the video (SPACE) or turn adjustments on/off (CTRL+D) the screen get's duplicated no problem. But if I go to full-screen mode (CTRL+F) the playback of the video or adjustment on/off functions don't get duplicated on the second screen. They work fine on the primary screen.

I will test this out in another Editing software either today or tomorrow.

Hopefully this quick set-up will get you to replicate the problem for me.

Thank you very much again.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lubos

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/01/2014 18:16:25

Hello Lubos,

Are you able to reproduce the problem with both the "Use hardware acceleration" option (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Mirroring -> Use hardware acceleration) enabled and disabled?

Does Windows Magnifier work correctly with the full screen window (you should run Windows Magnifier, move its display window to your 70" TV, run the full screen window and check whether you are able to display its content on the 70" TV using the Windows Magnifier or not)?

Best regards.

Lubos Kuzma

Posted: 12/02/2014 10:24:59

Hi Vasiliy,

thank you for the suggestions. The "Hardware acceleration" option shows NO deifference (i.e. the fault is there regardless of settings).

Now, the Windows Magnifier shows exactly the same behaviour as your software (plays fine when the footage is small, doesn't play when the footage is full-screen). I am assuming that your software is using the magnifier API for this function and that there is actually something wrong with my Windows/Windows Magnifier? But what is causing it and how can I remedy it?

Thanks for your very quick feedback!

Lubos

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/02/2014 14:30:46

Hello Lubos,

Some windows can't be displayed using this method.

Could you also check the following:
1. Go to Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar;
2. Choose the "Mirror" taskbar mode;
3. Run the full screen window;
4. Check whether the full screen window taskbar icon preview works correctly or not (show a current frame, a black square etc.).

Best regards.

Lubos Kuzma

Posted: 12/03/2014 11:02:00

I am not quite sure if I am following your suggestion right.

I started the Mirroring Mode of the Taskbar.
Then I started the software I am having issues with (the DaVinci Resolve) and ran the footage in full-screen mode. In this mode the taskbar on the primary screen disappears, but it is shown on the other monitor (since the taskbar is mirrored). Are you asking if the mirrored taskbar on the secondary monitor looks fine? If that's what you're asking, then yes, it looks completely normal without any issues.

Thank you,

Lubos

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/03/2014 17:40:31

Lubos,

I'm asking about the footage (or DaVinci Resolve) window taskbar icon preview as shown on the following screenshot:
scr

Best regards.

Lubos Kuzma

Posted: 12/04/2014 02:11:33

That seems to be OK. It shows everything as it should, as far as I can tell.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/04/2014 15:41:18

Lubos,

Could you also check whether the full-screen window will be mirrored correctly if you change the "Source Type" from "Monitor" to "Window" or not?

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register