Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Different font sizes per display , Different font sizes per display » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2076

David Parker

Posted: 09/28/2014 04:12:42

Hello everyone,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro connected to a Lenovo Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock. Its actually uses DisplayLink hardware and software. I have 2 x 27" AOC displays connected. The Yoga 2 display has a phenomenal resolution of 3200 x 1800. The AOC displays run at a decent 1980 x 1080. The issue I run into is that if in:
Control Panel | Display
I set the size of all items appropriate for the 2 AOC monitors, I can't see anything on the Lenovo display as everything is shrunk so tiny. You need a magnifying glass to read anything on it.

Its not a major issue as when I'm docked, I set the left AOC as my primary and extend the display to the other monitors. I set my laptop to the side and don't use it, but occasionally I'll have to move a window out of it. But, when I'm away somewhere working on my laptop, I have to get back into   Control Panel | Display  and "Change the size of all items"  to Extra Large. That requires logging out and back in again. Then, when I get back home and doc, I have to swap the settings back.

I'd like to customize the size of items per display. This would allow me to use the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro display as a third monitor when docked, and not have to swap the settings around when I'm working away, un-docked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just now discovered Actual Multiple Monitors 8.2 but I don't see that it has this capability. I could be wrong though, its happened once before. ;-)

Thanks,
David

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 09/28/2014 09:24:18

Hi David,

You you express is a common problem with the configuration you specified on many vendor products. It will be interesting to see if Actual Tools can provide a working solution.

Sincerely,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

David Parker

Posted: 09/28/2014 10:37:01

Cool, Lars.
Yes, I admit I was pretty excited there for a moment seeing how much control this software provides over my display environment. I was pretty sure it could do it. But no worries. I'm glad I found this software.

Namaste,
David

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/30/2014 22:48:52

Even though the differences between my monitors are not as large as yours, David, I too would love a solution (if technically feasible).

@Actual Tools: could you please add it to your feature requests? (assuming we three have not overlooked any applicable option in AWM/AMM).

Best regards.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/30/2014 23:28:48

David, Lars, Pim, thank you for your posts!

We will check if this is technically feasible, and if it is, we will add this feature in further versions of our software.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register